Joe Bennett

Si.

Not going to lie its been a really hard decision for me. Ive spoken to a lot of people about it and for my development i think I've made the right choice. Im going to miss everyone at Middlesbrough. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has supported me through out my time there. Im excited for a new challenge at Aston Villa!

Can follow him @JoeBennett27

One for the future...

One for the future...

One for the future...

One for the future...

One for the future...

One for the future...

Erm, what about now?

I don't think we can afford much proven Premiership quality. We've gone for that in the past and it's cost us a lot of money.

Love the quotes. A bit more genuine and considered than the usual guff that gets spouted - particularly like the southgate link and acknowledging the club that gave him his professional debut.

I know people have doubts about recruiting from the lower leagues and the risks associcated with buying players for the future but Lambert has a clear gameplan in signing young, committed and talented players. I'd be willing to suffer through another transition year to see this come to fruition. I expect a few more hammerings by the Evertons, Tottenhams and Liverpools (not to mention Man City/Man Utd) but so long as the team are committed, attacking and showing signs of improvement I'll stay behind them all the way - as part of building an approach for the long term

I'm sure I'll get called a moaning villa fan.

This signing makes me confident that he will be a decent player in the future. I'm not confident he's what we need right now, this season.

Our defence, like our midfield and attack makes me worried about going down and this signing has done nothing to change that.

Like I said I'm sure he's got a great chance of developing into a top player, but that's both our starting fullbacks who are in the same position.

I remember reading an article a fair while ago now that said 'who the hell is Leighton Baines?' just before he'd signed for Everton. I hope Joe Bennett is ours. Two bright prospects from some of the country's most respected academies at RB and LB. Frees up Baker to go to centre back now as well. I just hope to God they gel quickly.

This signing in isolation is good for us. When I put him straight into our current back four though and see Bennett-Baker/Clark-Vlaar-Lowton, that has the potential to be one of the weakest back fours in the league. There's no guarantees with 3 out of the starting 4, the only one I feel we can rely on is Vlaar.

I'm sure I'll get called a moaning villa fan.

This signing makes me confident that he will be a decent player in the future. I'm not confident he's what we need right now, this season.

Our defence, like our midfield and attack makes me worried about going down and this signing has done nothing to change that.

Like I said I'm sure he's got a great chance of developing into a top player, but that's both our starting fullbacks who are in the same position.

Ok, name some names of who we should have got.

I know our defence is young and inexperienced, but for me that makes it quite exciting. They're all brought in by the manager ( except baker / clark ) and it will be his own team developing together. I think the lack of experience will be shown up a couple of times this season, but in the long run we'll get the pay-off.

Â