Joe Bennett

Si.

Excellent game today. As with Lowton, there will be mistakes to come. Lets just hope he learns from them quickly. He hasn't done much wrong so far though. Knows how to bring it forward from defense and keep possession, can join in attacks and yet quite astute at the back. Not sure we should be relying on him for the left footed deliveries though.. couple today were quite far from the mark.

I was impressed with Bennett yesterday. Him and Lowton making runs up the flanks will cause havoc to the opposition. He seems pretty composed and confident enough to have a whack or two at goal. Good signing.

I thought he was a bit too cautious, to be honest. Our lack of width means that our full backs have to get up the pitch quickly and he seemed a bit unwilling to do it, relying on stopping and passing the ball inside instead. There's some mitigation from the fact that he seemed to be on his own on the left for most of the game (Clarke noticed this too which is why they channelled everyting down their right for the first 10 of the second half and got a goal out of it)

That said, he looks to able to time a tackle, he made 3 or 4 very good ones and the free kick wasn't a bad effort, Hopefully he'll get more confident with more games and he'll have the confidence that his position will be covered if he commits forward.

I thought he was a bit too cautious, to be honest. Our lack of width means that our full backs have to get up the pitch quickly and he seemed a bit unwilling to do it, relying on stopping and passing the ball inside instead. There's some mitigation from the fact that he seemed to be on his own on the left for most of the game (Clarke noticed this too which is why they channelled everyting down their right for the first 10 of the second half and got a goal out of it)

That said, he looks to able to time a tackle, he made 3 or 4 very good ones and the free kick wasn't a bad effort, Hopefully he'll get more confident with more games and he'll have the confidence that his position will be covered if he commits forward.

CLARK :evil:

Â