Joe Bennett

Si.

Hope the injury isn't too bad simply as we don't have many options at full back at all.

Lichaj is the obvious replacement (and I don't think he's that bad at LB at all albeit not the attacking warrior Lambert wans there) but say Lowton picks up a knock and can't play at Fulham, who plays at RB, Herd, Hutton?!

No broken leg. He's got a Rooneyesque gash on his shin.

I won't post the image as its rank but you can find it in the Daily Mail report here

It's not pleasant. You've been warned!

Safe to say he won't be running any time soon with that thing carved into his leg :o

Bright side is, it looks like it's just a deep gash, and not a break/tear/sprain, etc.

I thought he was a bit too cautious, to be honest. Our lack of width means that our full backs have to get up the pitch quickly and he seemed a bit unwilling to do it, relying on stopping and passing the ball inside instead. There's some mitigation from the fact that he seemed to be on his own on the left for most of the game (Clarke noticed this too which is why they channelled everyting down their right for the first 10 of the second half and got a goal out of it)

That said, he looks to able to time a tackle, he made 3 or 4 very good ones and the free kick wasn't a bad effort, Hopefully he'll get more confident with more games and he'll have the confidence that his position will be covered if he commits forward.

In fairness, our full backs were facing Lennon and Bale probably two of the most effective wingers in the prem.

Did he do it on the advertising boards?

Don't want to sound like a fanny, but I reckon someone's going to get properly injured with those advertsiing boards at some point. Especially at Old Trafford where the pitch slopes down towards them. If someone's running full pelt to get to a ball and stumbles forward it could be all sorts of horrible.

Yep, that's a gash alright. And I don't think he cried either - well done Joe. I wouldve been crying like a babe. If I hadnt passed out first anyway.

He might now miss a game to be fair. We've got the international break now so he's got a couple of weeks to heal up.

I imagine there's a good chance he'll be fine for the next match.

He seems to think he'll be fit for the next game

@joebennett27

"All stitched up ������hopefully ready to kick on next game against fulham thanks for messages."
Edited by bickster
Check out the Special BBCode for Twitter, edited post to replace url with Twitter Code

Â