Joe Bennett

Si.

Well a lot of pressure on this kid to solve big defensive issues and contribute to a pathetic attack.

I just hope he's up for it right now.

from who? dont see one person hyping him up

Not from the fans.

We're a poor team and he's coming in to be our starting LB.

We need him to perform to an extremely high level right away and to be consistent.

Is he any good? We will have an exremly inexperienced back line if he comes in in which is protected by an abysmal midfield.

I think we already have too many inexperienced players

I'm unsure if this is wise to be bringing in so many players who have never played in the top flight before, especially when we have started poorly and fans are desperate for a pick-up in form.

I'm not saying by any means that they are not good enough because they don't play in the Premier League, but it's got to be a real culture shock for some of these lads to be lining up against some of the best players in the world after playing in the lower leagues last season.

I hope I'm wrong, and they shove my words down my throat!

Done and dusted. It's official.

Paul Lambert is convinced that Joe Bennett will "thrive and fit in exactly with what we are trying to build here" as the England U21 international defender completed a four-year deal which will secure his future at Aston Villa to the end of the 2015-16 season.

Bennett's capture from Middlesbrough has increased the number of signings made by the club in this transfer window to six, following on from fellow defenders Ron Vlaar and Matt Lowton, midfield general Karim El Ahmadi and wide man Brett Holman, along with goalkeeper Brad Guzan who re-signed following four years previously at Villa Park.

The 22-year-old left-back has been lauded by Boro boss Tony Mowbray for his "quality, speed and technique" and for Lambert his youthful enthusiasm, desire and energy proved compelling.

"Joe's a really good player, young and hungry to succeed and he's exactly the type of player we want here at the football club," said Villa boss Lambert.

"There's no doubt in my mind that he will thrive in this environment and he fits in exactly with what we are trying to build here.

"His energy level is really high and he can get up and down the pitch really well, which will be important for the team and important in terms of how we want to play as a team.

"He's an exciting signing for the club and I'm really pleased we've been able to take him here."

Bennett started 84 games in all competitions for Middlesbrough, appearing on eight more occasions as a substitute and scoring one goal after graduating from youth level at the Riverside and signing his first pro contract in summer 2008.

He was an ever-present for Mowbray's men in 2011-12, playing in 45 matches in all competitions and completing 41 appearances in the Championship.

In 2010-11 he was voted the club's player of the year and young player of the year when he played in 31 Championship games and 33 in all competitions, while his performances last season earned him the North East Football Writers' Association's young player of the year accolade.

"I am really excited to have joined a massive club in Aston Villa and I'm eager to fight for a starting place and get in the team," Bennett said.

"It's up to the manager to pick the team, of course, but it would be great to go back to the north east this weekend and make my debut against Newcastle at St James's Park.

"When I first heard about the move a lot of things ran through my head. There was excitement and nerves and most of all a real buzz about the prospect of coming to Villa and playing in the Premier League.

"Now that it's come around so fast, I'm just raring to go. I've had a look around the stadium and the training ground and the facilities are top-class. You can tell straight away this is a massive club.

"I know a few of the players from England U21s, the likes of Nathan Delfouneso and Nathan Baker and that will help in terms of settling in. I'm looking forward to it.

"My approach has always been to get forward and try to create things. In my opinion Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy are the best full backs around and if I keep working on my game and improving it I know I can succeed at this level and help the team.

"It was not long ago that I was given my professional debut at Middlesbrough by Gareth Southgate and it is a real privilege to now follow in his footsteps and join a club with Villa's heritage.

"I am very grateful to get this opportunity and I'm very grateful to the Middlesbrough chairman, Mr. Gibson, all of the Middlesbrough staff and fans and, particularly, Tony Mowbray for giving me the opportunity to prove my ability.

"I am fully focused now on my career here at Villa and I'm really eager to get started.

"My priority will be to impress the manager and gain a place in the starting XI. It will be a special moment when I pull on the claret and blue shirt for the first time.

"I'm determined to earn the respect of my team-mates and the Aston Villa supporters. I know it's going to be really exciting here in the years ahead and I really want to play my part."

OS

Seems to be various opinions that this lad will turn us down. Mental.

If this kid turns us down then we may aswell pack up and all go home.

Hope he doesn't turn us down.... Silly Silly guy if he does....C&B Tinted specs of course like but still we have better facilities and staff than Boro and tbh he could excel @ Vp!

joe bennett ‏@joebennett27

Not going to lie its been a really hard decision for me. Ive spoken to a lot of people about it and for my development i think I've made..

The right choice. Im going to miss everyone at Middlesbrough. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has supported me through out my

Time there. Im excited for a new challenge at aston villa!

Â