Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

4 hours ago, Cridontour said:

As I've said in the Tom Fox thread, I know Kirsten, the girl who he took out for dinner, through a mutual friend who sits next to her and her dad at Villa Park. 

N'Zogbia told her he was asked by the club to take a pay cut. When he refused he was told he would never feature for the first team again. Villa pulled the plug on his deadline day move to Sunderland because they didn't want to sell to a relegation rival, terms were all agreed he said.

Seems logical. Probably just what the bomb squad was about. A contract is a contract, Aston Villa should honor their commitments.

Does that mean he was offered a new contract then as how else could you request him to take a pay cut given we didn't get relegated last few years.

Also shows yet again there is always interest in players who don't even play for months on end given Sunderland wanted him.

10 hours ago, Cridontour said:

As I've said in the Tom Fox thread, I know Kirsten, the girl who he took out for dinner, through a mutual friend who sits next to her and her dad at Villa Park. 

N'Zogbia told her he was asked by the club to take a pay cut. When he refused he was told he would never feature for the first team again. Villa pulled the plug on his deadline day move to Sunderland because they didn't want to sell to a relegation rival, terms were all agreed he said.

?

Since our Board had clearly decided we were down what kind of half arsed logic was this ?

Oh, it's our Board.......................................................

• Like 2

As a signing I don't think Sinclair was worse, especially at the time. He's definitely the worse player though. N'Zogbia has the wonderful distinction of a 10M price tag (back when 10M was decently substantial) along with ridiculous wages.

Piss poor management from fox et al. again. Drop N'Zogbia for not taking a wage cut, then not taking an offer for him in January.

Makes sense as to why zog suddenly appeared for two games and then disappeared again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Thanks for the info. Nothing shocks me about this club anymore. I think the board are out of order and besides Garde needs to be having the final say on who plays. The truth is the club agreed to his wages. We can't blame N'Zogbia for his wage. It is an agreement that Aston Villa F.C would of been happy with. These kind of actions are why we are where we are, it is not only depreciating the managers authority but also seeing a team mate hung out to dry would destroy team moral. Furthermore it could be detrimental on the pitch as (arguably) there are much worse players in the starting 11. Once again it seems the men upstairs are acting very naively. I am pretty sure this was the same scenario with Bent and Hutton. 

Garde has already said the club told him there was no issue with playing N'Zogbia - he played him once and then never played him again after. I think it's safe to say the club wouldn't have sold him against the manager's wishes.

If the club had sold him on deadline day and he'd gone on and played like he did to keep Wigan up that time, the club would have got dog's abuse for strengthening a relegation rival for the sake of saving a few quid. I find it hard to believe the club went to the bother of agreeing all of the terms of a move only to think at the last minute they'd be strengthening a rival and only then pull the plug.

Two sides to this one I'm sure....

On 15/02/2016 at 13:24, Cridontour said:

That seems very unlikely.

I think that's all a lie. Every word. Though I conceed you might know a friend of a friend who knows somebody who sits next to somebody, it's all bollocks. So either you've been had or you're having us.

Â