Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That applies to like half our team though. Why does N'Zogbia get singled out? Oh I know, it's because he earns 60k a week.

They all get their fair share on their social media, apart from Hutton though, he'd find you and............. you know the rest.

Edited by Spray
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He may be shit, but I'd play him ahead of Bacuna or Sinclair any day of the week. Nobody's saying he's a world beater, or even any good and certainly not worth 60k a week. But it is what it is, and there's no point talking about a deal that was made 5 years and 3 managers ago.

Forget the 60k, forget who signed him & why, this guy is useless.

Bacuna is not a premiership player nor sinclair, imo, but what do you base your opinion on whereby you would play him 'every day of the week' before those two?

Bacuna - not good enough 

Sinclair - not good enough

N'zogbia - not good enough, shite attitude, & not match fit.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

That picture of a robber is not something I'm going to blame him for . . .  the situation here is that fans can write whatever shit they want - and the abuse in the case was enormous - but then when the player reacts they go all soft and offended and 'did you see what the bad man did?' 

Well, I'm sorry, but for me one good life lesson is 'if you can't take it, don't dish it out'. 

Disagree 100%

He's paid a ****-ton to be a professional sportsman, and that includes not being a trolling piece of shit on social media. Have our expectations really dropped so low these days?

Can you imagine Alistair Cook, Kobe Bryant, Chris Robshaw, Eli Manning, Leo Messi, etc being such a prick to fans in their respective sports? Its indicative of his character as a man.

If he doesn't like the abuse, just log off, its real simple.

Nzogbia denies any knowledge of Aston Villa

Speaking exclusively today when asked about his absence from the workplace of the organisation of Aston Villa Mr Nzogbia (73) said "Who?. Listen I'm too busy at Top Man buying clothes for my date and my girlfriend is a bit pissed off as she has been removed while on a visit to someplace called Trinity Park or somewhere.  I dont know what you are talking about and to be frank my phone is in one of these **** pockets somewhere going off.  My French friend Mr L'escott is ringing me so piss off"[/quote}

9 minutes ago, mwj said:

Disagree 100%

He's paid a ****-ton to be a professional sportsman, and that includes not being a trolling piece of shit on social media. Have our expectations really dropped so low these days?

Can you imagine Alistair Cook, Kobe Bryant, Chris Robshaw, Eli Manning, Leo Messi, etc being such a prick to fans in their respective sports? Its indicative of his character as a man.

'such a prick to fans'

He posted a picture. It was nothing more than a visual depiction of what the fans were calling him. Many of the same fans had been wishing death on him. 

You know the kid in school who just loves pushing others around, and calling them names, but then one day, for the first time, another kid fights back, and then the first kid, the bully, suddenly starts crying and then running and hiding behind the teacher's skirt? That's not a good look. 

EDIT: And please let me give a very hearty 'LOL' at the idea that Kobe Bryant or Leo Messi are somehow better role models. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, mwj said:

Disagree 100%

He's paid a ****-ton to be a professional sportsman, and that includes not being a trolling piece of shit on social media. Have our expectations really so low these days?

Why, is he not human? Why should he be subjected to abuse just because he's a sportsman? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Insulting a man and his family is fair game but lord forbid he post a picture in return that was nowhere near as malicious.

Bullshit, its not one picture, he's been winding up fans for months. He chooses this profession. No one is holding a gun to his head forcing him to accept the money to play sport for a living. I'm sure he gladly accepts all the plaudits, free nightclub drinks, stupid women etc during the good times.

He has responsibilities to not be an asshole, just like I do in my every day life, at work etc. 

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why, is he not human? Why should he be subjected to abuse just because he's a sportsman? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Insulting a man and his family is fair game but lord forbid he post a picture in return that was nowhere near as malicious.

Out of likes, but yes, this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Not many others spend half their spare time having petty argument with fans on social media. The useless sponger has made it quite clear what he thinks of this club. If he plays one more game for us, I hope it's on the last game of the season so he can join in with the lap of dishonour.

but at least he responds to the fans, something other people at the club could learn from ;)

And this acceptance from you guys towards his attitude is part of the reason why we have so many footballers who are are dreadful humans these days.

Poor Charles I guess he's just misunderstood

• Like 2

Well I would rather watch a player like Nzogbia than having to watch Sinclair or Bacuna on the pitch. Sinclair attitude at City was just as bad as N'zogbia since he stayed for 3 seasons on the bench getting paid a fortune

3 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

2nd highest paid player in the history of the club? He's the epitome of what we have become. 

Disgusting. 

1 hour ago, mwj said:

And this acceptance from you guys towards his attitude is part of the reason why we have so many footballers who are are dreadful humans these days.

Poor Charles I guess he's just misunderstood

I have no problem with N'Zogbia dishing it out on social media.  Football fans are generally terrible and the abuse that gets posted on social media is unbelievable.  There is nothing at all that warrants it, and I can't believe some people on here are basically saying "yeah, all of that is OK but how dare this one person post a sarcastic picture about it!!!112".  **** unreal.

But that said, N'Zogbia should be nowhere near the team.  His time is done.  His relationship with the fans is done.  Playing N'Zogbia will achieve nothing.  The guy can't be arsed and won't deliver.  Get some youth players in for some first team experience if you don't want Bacuna/Sinclair et al to play.  N'Zogbia is not, and never will be, the answer.

• Like 1

As I've said in the Tom Fox thread, I know Kirsten, the girl who he took out for dinner, through a mutual friend who sits next to her and her dad at Villa Park. 

N'Zogbia told her he was asked by the club to take a pay cut. When he refused he was told he would never feature for the first team again. Villa pulled the plug on his deadline day move to Sunderland because they didn't want to sell to a relegation rival, terms were all agreed he said.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cridontour said:

As I've said in the Tom Fox thread, I know Kirsten, the girl who he took out for dinner, through a mutual friend who sits next to her and her dad at Villa Park. 

N'Zogbia told her he was asked by the club to take a pay cut. When he refused he was told he would never feature for the first team again. Villa pulled the plug on his deadline day move to Sunderland because they didn't want to sell to a relegation rival, terms were all agreed he said.

Thanks for the info. Nothing shocks me about this club anymore. I think the board are out of order and besides Garde needs to be having the final say on who plays. The truth is the club agreed to his wages. We can't blame N'Zogbia for his wage. It is an agreement that Aston Villa F.C would of been happy with. These kind of actions are why we are where we are, it is not only depreciating the managers authority but also seeing a team mate hung out to dry would destroy team moral. Furthermore it could be detrimental on the pitch as (arguably) there are much worse players in the starting 11. Once again it seems the men upstairs are acting very naively. I am pretty sure this was the same scenario with Bent and Hutton. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That picture of a robber is not something I'm going to blame him for . . .  the situation here is that fans can write whatever shit they want - and the abuse in the case was enormous - but then when the player reacts they go all soft and offended and 'did you see what the bad man did?' 

Well, I'm sorry, but for me one good life lesson is 'if you can't take it, don't dish it out'. 

Some of the abuse he has had has been way over the top and is unacceptable and it will happen to nearly anyone in the public eye. It is part and parcel of the celebrity lifestyle but he does not help himself or the club by rising to it and winding fans up.

The life lesson you mention is a good one and applies not only to celebrities but in every day life as it's not only the famous who get this kind of abuse and adults should know better. 

No matter what he does he is going to get grief but 'two wrongs don't make a right' and responses like the thief pic only restoke the fire.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think we need a statue of him outside villa park, to remind any future owner of what happens when a club buys an Nzogbia.

I'm sure you could just locate some dog-shit outside the ground , same thing and cheaper for our board.

Â