Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

With Ireland out now, I wonder if N'Zogbia will the one to come in as a creative player? Like Bazdavies79 has written, he was second in the assist stakes last season, even if it was a poor team.

I hope not. Zog is not a distributor. He's a dribbler. That for me is the key difference between the 2 and it's why I think Bannan; not Zog; is better equipped to take over Ireland's role in the middle. On the wing you can interchange SI & CNZ but for me that same change doesn't work once you move inside.

He's a head down sort of player that doesn't have a particularly good first touch and isn't a particularly good passer. I've never rated him and it seems that Lambert doesn't either. I expect Charlie to be given another go (perhaps keeping him out of the action is an attempt to get inside Charlie's head?) but if he fails to produce I believe he could be out as early as January.

I don't think he could ever be much of an asset for us, he blows hot and cold, very, very inconsistent and can't be trusted IMO. For all the promise he showed earlier on in his career you can see why the 'big' teams never went in for him, just too many deficiencies in his game that top players iron out by his age.

There was a period in the first half last night when all you could hear on the commentary was CNZ's name. With more clinical finishing we may all have been crowing about his performance today.

Juries still out though overall.

I didn't make the game last night but spoke to a City mate of mine who was there. He said that CNZ, Delph and especially Gabby were outstanding last night.

I'd like to see CNZ start on sunday ahead of Holman if Delph is alongside him. Delph can do the chasing and hassling which then allows CNZ to be more creative. CNZ has bags of the talent but not the work rate of Holman hence why i think Delph's energy is crucial.

• Like 3

I heard from a mate CNZ was fantastic last night. On the highlights as well for that chance that gabby and benteke fluffed CNZ was the man who beat the two City players to cross the ball in (even if it was chested down by Lescott). He also had brilliant awareness to nip behind that City defender and tap in the rebound to get the 3rd goal.

Needs to be consistent though!

• Like 4

I didn't make the game last night but spoke to a City mate of mine who was there. He said that CNZ, Delph and especially Gabby were outstanding last night.

I'd like to see CNZ start on sunday ahead of Holman if Delph is alongside him. Delph can do the chasing and hassling which then allows CNZ to be more creative. CNZ has bags of the talent but not the work rate of Holman hence why i think Delph's energy is crucial.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on how Charlie played but glad he seems to have had a decent run out. Maybe Ireland being injured is a blessing in disguise for the Zog as he may be given a chance to move inside a bit more and play the free role he enjoyed at Wigan.

His goal was a tap in so I don't think you can take much from that but hopefully it will give him a boost.

Does anyone know if his general play was any good?

Thing is, he was in the right place because he was getting forward and expecting the ball. That is not what NZ had been doing previously.

Great game from him, delighted.

• 2 weeks later...
Â