Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

With the team showing a bit more creativity all round there may yet be hope for Charlie boy. Obviously he needs to pull his finger out but with attacks coming from all areas of the pitch and (hopefully) a new attacking left back in the side the pressure will be off him a bit.

I get the feeling that his decision making appears to be so poor becuase he is trying too hard to make something happen, he's looking for that first wonder goal to spark everything else off and it's just not happening for him.

A bit like Ireland regardless of what he has and hasn't done thus far in a Villa shirt he has the potential to do something special and change a game and becuase of that he'll always be on the bench at the very least. We need to remember this team is still very new, with new signings yet to make debuts, it's going to take a little while longer for things to gel properly and that includes N'Zogbia's role in the side.

Clearly an improvement is needed if he's going to make a starting place his but he has the talent to do so imo.

The biggest problem with N'Zogbia is how he tends to lose possession all the time. A lot of our attacks break down with him as his best (and only) asset seems to be running at people with the ball. Unfortunately we're trying to switch to a more passing/patient style which just doesn't suit N'Zogs style of play.

I can see him being moved on and doing well in a side which utilizes wingers a bit more and where he can be more of a big fish in a small pond like at Wigan where he had players covering his mistakes.

Not trying to make excuses for him but unless you're very good, it's diffiuclt to make a telling run with the ball if there isn't movement around you making space and angles and generally creating a bit of confusion in the defence. As that develops we should start to see him make more of an impact. But as I said he needs to develop his consistency as well.

He will not be suited to all games but he still has a role in the team if you ask me. Also as we are seeing attacking threats from other areas of the pitch and fingers crossed the new left back making overlapping runs it will mean the opposition will not have the luxury of doubling up on him all the time.

Clearly if Lambo can identify a replacement and we get offers for him in Jan then chances are he'll be off, but I dont think we should write him off just yet.

Am I the only one who's seen some improvement from him in the last two games?

I am with you Pelle. I thought he looked very lively. He has an ability to drift past players with ease.

His problem is getting his head up early and delivering the final ball.

I am with you Pelle. I thought he looked very lively. He has an ability to drift past players with ease.

I've certainly seen him drift past players a lot but he usually leaves the ball with them as he does so. Except when he drifts into the player and the ball squirts out from his possession.

If Lambert and his staff can turn that player into a useful one I'll be happy.

I wish he'd look up a bit more. On Saturday he had the ball at his feet more than once and just ran blindly into three players. He's lost all confidence to beat a man; a bit like when Ashley Young was moved to the middle.

In a high-tempo team like Lambert's, where everyone gets stuck in and we play the ball more simply to open up space, there is simply no room for a player like N'Zogbia, who wants to run with the ball and make mazy dribbles. There is a general aura about him that looks like he just doesnt want to be here, and I'm just not convinced Lambert can sort this chap out. I expect him to be next out of the door, maybe to a team like QPR.

I've certainly seen him drift past players a lot but he usually leaves the ball with them as he does so. Except when he drifts into the player and the ball squirts out from his possession.

If Lambert and his staff can turn that player into a useful one I'll be happy.

Yeah, I don't mean that he's turned into a great player all of a sudden, but he's been more lively and got some good things done. As said, maybe PL and his staff can get the best out of him which might make him at least a bit usefull for us. As a sub, if nothing else.

A very costly sub, Pelle.

True that, and the best thing would of course be if he could start to deliver like his price tag suggests he can, or is sold and replaced with someone better that Lambert wants. But I'm willing to give him at least to January to prove his worth. But before those last two games I'm just disappointed with him.

With Ireland out now, I wonder if N'Zogbia will the one to come in as a creative player? Like Bazdavies79 has written, he was second in the assist stakes last season, even if it was a poor team.

I don't how much to read in to the fact Lambert didn't bring him on against Southampton when it was 2-1.

Â