Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

He doesn't have any end product. I struggle to think of any crosses he put in yesterday or at West Ham.

He's got that annoying habit that NRC used to have, ie keep hold of the ball at all costs until you run into an opposing player and lose it. NRC used to run in a straight line, N'Zogbia is a bit more mazy, but the end result is the same.

On all of the pages in these forums I continue to hear about not wanting a squad full of academy players; but we have two footballers that have legit skills on this squad in Ireland, and N'Zogbia, people want them sold off, so that Carruthers can get a crack. I dont understand the logic when these sentences are spewed. The squad is not good now. Midfield looks all kinds of trash when Ireland is not in. Shay Given has become laughable. Nathan Baker at rb over Lichaj? Randy needs to spend money on quality midfield players to link through to Bent. If he is unwilling to put a quality product on the field, then he should sell Villa much like he did with the Browns.

N'Zogbia is a good player. He showed that at Newcastle and Wigan. Unfortunately he has been a sack of shit for us! Sometimes, for whatever reason, a player moves and it just doesn't work out for him or the club. Wigan sold Moses for 10 million. We should see if they want N'Zogbia back!

He doesn't have any end product. I struggle to think of any crosses he put in yesterday or at West Ham.

He's got that annoying habit that NRC used to have, ie keep hold of the ball at all costs until you run into an opposing player and lose it. NRC used to run in a straight line, N'Zogbia is a bit more mazy, but the end result is the same.

He keeps his head down too much as well, which is maddening.

And far too often his first touch is a lousy one.

He may have been good once upon a time, but he's crap now, and I can't see him getting any better at this point.

Anyone who watched him at Wigan know this is what we were going to be getting.

He dribbles with his head down and can't cross.

He did well at the end of his last season at Wigan where he got on a run of scoring. He was a wingback at Newcastle so less was expected of him. He's never been consistent at getting assists.

Between 09-11 he got 14 goals and 14 assists in the Premier League. He does have an end product.

He is surrounded by absolute shit and picks up the ball in his own half most of the time and has to go through half of the oppo team before getting a scent of goal.

We have had the same problem as we did under O'Neill. We cant unlock a door. If it isnt a counter attack, we cant break down teams. Nothing has changed.

So when he played for Wigan they had quality players all over the pitch to help him?

Nzogbia was Plan A,B and C at Wigan and had an alright partnership with Rodallega thats why he got so many goals and assists there.

He doesn't pass, he doesn't cross. He always tries and takes on half of the opposition. In '09-'11 I'm also confident that he attempted more dribbles than any other player in the top 5 european leagues bar Lionel Messi. Except Nzogbia didnt complete hardly any of them as he is nowhere near as skilled and his head is always looking at his feet.

As I said in the post match thread, he never seems to actually have control of the ball...he recieves a pass, touches the ball in the direction that he will run and follows next to it...he never looks as if he has it under control, it just looks more like a coincidence that the ball is near him...

It's debatable whether he was the worst - he pretty close if he wasn't. Again, totally ineffective, running down blind alleys, head down, no cross . . . need I go on.

Quite seriously he's not worth £1m let alone close to £10m.

My biggest concern with N'Zogbia is that he doesn't make forward runs off the ball (or at least he didn't yesterday!). Instead preferring to drop towards the man in possession in an 'give me the ball' action. Everton doubled up on him all game. He needs his full back there overlapping. Obviously one of the defenders then drop off to track the runner and N'Zogbia is left 1 on 1. 1 on 1 he'll beat his defender 8 times out of 10. But it's impossible to beat 2 defenders with a high success rate unless you are Messi.

Baines and Neville both showed how a full backs need to play in this day and age. The Everton wide men drifted inside and the full backs sayed wide meaning it was impossible to double up on any one.

Going back to the main point, N'Zog not making forward runs means he is not pulling defenders out of position for the rest of our attack to exploit.

He has to drop deep because otherwise he wont get the ball which is the point I was making yesterday. At Wigan he got the ball in advanced areas which is where he was so dangerous.

It's no different to Bent, he just doesnt get the ball. He looked so pissed off yesterday at times and I dont blame him.

He has to drop deep because otherwise he wont get the ball which is the point I was making yesterday. At Wigan he got the ball in advanced areas which is where he was so dangerous.

It's no different to Bent, he just doesnt get the ball. He looked so pissed off yesterday at times and I dont blame him.

Ben Arfa had to drop deep yesterday but he still invariably found a Newcastle shirt and even drifted into some space up the pitch and created a couple of openings.

Just because Charlie had to drop deep a couple of times it doesn't excuse his lack of touch and passing, it doesn't excuse him giving the ball away so much, and it doesn't excuse him doing SFA when he did get the ball up the pitch.

Charlie just doesn't have the fundamentals to ever become a quality player, it's a shame we got duped but then look at the dope we had in charge at the time...

Ben Arfa had to drop deep yesterday but he still invariably found a Newcastle shirt and even drifted into some space up the pitch and created a couple of openings.

Just because Charlie had to drop deep a couple of times it doesn't excuse his lack of touch and passing, it doesn't excuse him giving the ball away so much, and it doesn't excuse him doing SFA when he did get the ball up the pitch.

Charlie just doesn't have the fundamentals to ever become a quality player, it's a shame we got duped but then look at the dope we had in charge at the time...

Yes, the same dope that tried to sign him for SHA but was shafted by a last minute demand for higher wages and then went back for the same mercenary 12 months later.

N'Zogbia is just in the game for everything he can get out of it and does as little as possible in the process.

I think I finally lost all patience with him yesterday. I've officially given up hope that he will ever come good now. He looked half asleep yesterday, so many times he stood still instead of moving into space to create an option for the player with the ball

10m for him ... worse value than Balaban. And i wanted him

Â