Rino8

apparantly his family are  well known in the city and are respected. was reading about it last night and one bloke said there is no way the people of huyton would let any harm come to the gerrard family, also said there are some big families in the area which are associated with the family. i just think he had a change of heart. funny old city liverpool is.

Strange then his house got broken into when he was away with the national team. 

just saw, Guard of Honor, bringing his kids onto the pitch, it wasnt a **** testimonial, Palace should be ashamed of themselves for participating in that though maybe they were and thats why they ruined his day :)

• Like 3

Why has he had so much media attention compared to other players that retired like Scholes? Is it because he's a one club man, but so was Scholes. Is it because he's so highly regarded by the media and his fellow professionals? Even more so than Beckham, Scholes and Lampard. 

just saw, Guard of Honor, bringing his kids onto the pitch, it wasnt a **** testimonial, Palace should be ashamed of themselves for participating in that though maybe they were and thats why they ruined his day :)

Apparently the Palace fans sang 'one Steven Gerrard'. Pathetic

he will rightly be remembered as a great player whether you like him or not. a local lad playing for his boyhood club and getting an heroes ovation like he did, thats everyones dream i think. hes liverpool through and through and its showed in every performance and that i respect.

If he wasn't being paid top dollar he'd have left years ago. He stayed 'loyal' because they paid him a fortune.

he could of got more elsewhere surely?

I really dont understand the hatred towards him!

The media bigging him up EVERY single game just makes people dislike him a little bit more each time. Same goes for liverpool (infact, same goes for every player really, as soon as someone is talked about in media you always get people saying they hate them, e.g. kane/sterling). I imagine nobody would really care/talk about him that negatively if the media didn't make a mountain out of a molehill with him leaving/pointless Hollywood balls lol.

Edited by gharperr

thing is a classier ex-Liverpool player is retiring as well next few weeks after nearly 500 Premier League appearances and not a word is said about him

Big Brad never beat up DJs or try to get fellow professionals sent off. He just walking away gracefully like Gerrard should have done

I know everyone on here hates Gerrard, but let's not pretend that this is a complete Gerrard-orchestrated thing. He's had very little choice in the coverage that this has got.

I don't really get the over the top hate though, personally.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I don't hate him, he's just one of my least favourite players because he always cheats.

He's dived against us and robbed us of points on a few occasions. 

I think it was a CL semi final where he got the ball in the last minute, ran straight at a defender who couldn't get out of the way and got a penalty.

Don't like any cheats personally.

Â