Rino8

he will rightly be remembered as a great player whether you like him or not. a local lad playing for his boyhood club and getting an heroes ovation like he did, thats everyones dream i think. hes liverpool through and through and its showed in every performance and that i respect.

Yep he was so loyal to Liverpool he wanted to leave to go to Chelsea.

• Like 1

he will rightly be remembered as a great player whether you like him or not. a local lad playing for his boyhood club and getting an heroes ovation like he did, thats everyones dream i think. hes liverpool through and through and its showed in every performance and that i respect.

did he go? come on you cant knock his loyalty and commitment.

he will rightly be remembered as a great player whether you like him or not. a local lad playing for his boyhood club and getting an heroes ovation like he did, thats everyones dream i think. hes liverpool through and through and its showed in every performance and that i respect.

He handed in a transfer request. Why he stayed at Liverpool is open to urban legend but he certainly did ask to go to Chelsea.

Not very friendly people might have turned up on his doorstep and let's say put him off moving down south.

even still you cannot question his commitment to liverpool. im not a huge fan of gerrard but in same breath dont hate him, i just think hes a great player and will sweat blood for his team. every fan likes that.

Ohhhh Gerrard Gerrard, you goin to Galaxy, You shit out on Wembley, ohh Gerrard Gerrard.

Played 1 to many seasons, should have gone last season. This season has not done him any favours. Though respect for staying at Liverpool so long, though if it wasn't for the threats he would have been a Chelsea player. So unfortunately his loyalty is quesionable.

N.B. Im not a hater ;)

Edited by foreveryoung

Not very friendly people might have turned up on his doorstep and let's say put him off moving down south.

That's one of those bullshit stories though. As if he would factor in the opinion gobby fans when making his decision. 

He is a dickhead for that nightclub punch (amongst other things) but I don't believe that story about chickening out of moving clubs for a second. 

Edited by LondonLax

apparantly his family are  well known in the city and are respected. was reading about it last night and one bloke said there is no way the people of huyton would let any harm come to the gerrard family, also said there are some big families in the area which are associated with the family. i just think he had a change of heart. funny old city liverpool is.

Nickelback > Stevie G

Give me watered-down rock music with a fugly frontman any day. I can't stand Stevie G, Liverpool and the hype that surrounds them.

• Like 1

he will rightly be remembered as a great player whether you like him or not. a local lad playing for his boyhood club and getting an heroes ovation like he did, thats everyones dream i think. hes liverpool through and through and its showed in every performance and that i respect.

If he wasn't being paid top dollar he'd have left years ago. He stayed 'loyal' because they paid him a fortune.

Â