Rino8

Overrated, maybe. But Liverpool have 3 trophies in the past 10 years and they certainly wouldn't have won the best 2 of those if it weren't for Gerrard. He makes mistakes, lots of great players do. But he's been there at times when it really matters for Liverpool. 

Yeah, never as good as he thinks he is/was, but I'd have been pretty happy with him in the Villa midfield for his whole career. Not exactly likeable of course, but so few players are these days.

its actually a lot worse of a tackle than I remembered it. 1.44 in that video is classic Gerrard and commentators even praised it back then

was a great victory that day and that team had potential

Yes, i just watched again and it made me wince seeing it. I don't remember the tackle hitting so high up on Boateng's leg. Luckily (as Gazza found out later) George was made of Steel, otherwise that would have finished his career.

I agree, I am struggling to remember seeing a worse one that that in 35 years of watching football.

I don't think that will be making it into the final edit of Stevie Gee's farewell video compilation of his career.

thing is a classier ex-Liverpool player is retiring as well next few weeks after nearly 500 Premier League appearances and not a word is said about him

Big Brad never beat up DJs or try to get fellow professionals sent off. He just walking away gracefully like Gerrard should have done

I know everyone on here hates Gerrard, but let's not pretend that this is a complete Gerrard-orchestrated thing. He's had very little choice in the coverage that this has got.

I don't really get the over the top hate though, personally.

He may not have had anything to do with planning it but if I was offered a guard of honour during a competitive match I'd have said no. I certainly wouldn't bring my kids out before the match. Embarrassing.

We are probably due for another thrashing a few weeks time, but it bloody feels good the fact that it was Villa who took the Gerrard Cup final victory parade from Liverpool.

Special praise should go to Richardson too for clearing that header off the line. I can't even bear to imagine how bad the Gerrard wankfest would've been had he scored that and then they went on to win.

Wants champions league, feels that the club let him down by leaking the contract talk stuff and then did nothing to dispel the negative greedy headlines about him wanting too much money, thinks they are trying to bully him in to signing a new contract

Personally I think he's still too raw a talent to get a big £30-40m move, the guff in the press about Real Madrid, he's simply not ready / good enough, can't see anyone stumping up the cash Liverpool would want for him

sterling just comes across as a over hyped  greedy git

let him go i say, i reckon he will flop. give me delph any day, thats a classy player sterlings the opposite. all the £££

He says its not about money though, more about winning trophies. Doubt whether he will get more than what Liverpool have offered anywhere else. 

How exactly is wanting to play for a club more likely to challenge for honours "greedy"? Seems to just be a lazily used term used for any player who is perceived to be guilty of disloyalty. He turned down a six figure weekly salary at Liverpool, that would suggest money is playing a small role in this decision.

• Like 3

As much as I like to laugh at Liverpool Sterling is stupid. Ok don't sign the contract, but he's not worth £150K a week, unless he's been told he will be offered it. He's 20 not 27/28, he will play plenty of seasons of champions league, if he lives up to his potential, which I'm not necessarily convinced.

He's not asked for 150k a week though has he? Has the whole thing been that he wants to win things? You go to a winning club and you get paid more, that's just the way it works by default. He's not going to win much at liverpool, so doesn't want to stay. What's the issue?

How exactly is wanting to play for a club more likely to challenge for honours "greedy"? Seems to just be a lazily used term used for any player who is perceived to be guilty of disloyalty. He turned down a six figure weekly salary at Liverpool, that would suggest money is playing a small role in this decision.

It didn't stop Gareth Barry or James Milner being called "greedy" when they left us. 

Â