Rino8

sterling just comes across as a over hyped  greedy git

let him go i say, i reckon he will flop. give me delph any day, thats a classy player sterlings the opposite. all the £££

That's exactly the picture they want to paint him as, if reports are to be believed he's turned down a big money deal so he can go some where, where he can win things. I say fair play to the lad.

• Like 1

Who is going to buy him though? He's been missing for the most of the season - not including his extra holiday in Jamaica. 

He's going to cost someone £30m - even £ity would be batshit crazy to drop that kind of cash on someone who is by no means a guaranteed success. He looked like a star last season in that team with Suarez - he's hardly shone without him has he? 

Liverpool are not losing anything all that special IMO and if they get £30m for him now I reckon they've got the best end of the bargain. 

How exactly is wanting to play for a club more likely to challenge for honours "greedy"? Seems to just be a lazily used term used for any player who is perceived to be guilty of disloyalty. He turned down a six figure weekly salary at Liverpool, that would suggest money is playing a small role in this decision.

It didn't stop Gareth Barry or James Milner being called "greedy" when they left us.

Gareth Barry nade a huge song and dance about only leaving Villa for a team with Champions League football... then joins Citeh who didnt have Champions League football at the time.

James Milner gave us one season as right winger, (sends shockwaves down my spine how bad he was there at times), then one exceptional season in the middle before heading North as well.

I dont consider either greedy. Disloyal perhaps for Milner, but both moves have proved the players to be right, so kudos to them.

sterling just comes across as a over hyped  greedy git

let him go i say, i reckon he will flop. give me delph any day, thats a classy player sterlings the opposite. all the £££

That's exactly the picture they want to paint him as, if reports are to be believed he's turned down a big money deal so he can go some where, where he can win things. I say fair play to the lad.

Fully agree with this, Liverpool will probably get a small fortune for him as well, £35m I reckon, personally I don't think I'd go north of £30m. 

Who is going to buy him though? He's been missing for the most of the season - not including his extra holiday in Jamaica. 

He's going to cost someone £30m - even £ity would be batshit crazy to drop that kind of cash on someone who is by no means a guaranteed success. He looked like a star last season in that team with Suarez - he's hardly shone without him has he? 

Liverpool are not losing anything all that special IMO and if they get £30m for him now I reckon they've got the best end of the bargain. 

To be fair though if you put Messi in a team and said try make Balotelli, Borini & Lambert good he'd probably struggle as well.

• Like 1

Man City or Arsenal.  The former to boost their homegrown numbers or the latter because he's a London boy.  Both have a better chance of winning trophies.  Both have loads of money.  In terms of disappearing at Citeh, I do think he's a level above your Sinclairs and I do think he'd contribute more than Navas so I think he'd be OK there.

Man City or Arsenal.  The former to boost their homegrown numbers or the latter because he's a London boy.  Both have a better chance of winning trophies.  Both have loads of money.  In terms of disappearing at Citeh, I do think he's a level above your Sinclairs and I do think he'd contribute more than Navas so I think he'd be OK there.

That's the way I see it too BOF. Don't think he's a José type and hard to see them sell to United and he isn't good enough for the big 2 in Spain.

Man City or Arsenal. The former to boost their homegrown numbers or the latter because he's a London boy. Both have a better chance of winning trophies. Both have loads of money. In terms of disappearing at Citeh, I do think he's a level above your Sinclairs and I do think he'd contribute more than Navas so I think he'd be OK there.

That's the way I see it too BOF. Don't think he's a José type and hard to see them sell to United and he isn't good enough for the big 2 in Spain.

You say the big 2 in Spain, but could you see him move to Atletico? They could challenge again, and could potentially need replacements for Greizmann and Koke. I reckon there would be a slight chance of him turning up there.

From Liverpool's point of view, they should absolutely fleece whoever ends up coming in for him.

So they can blow it all again like last season?

Maybe.  Probably, given that they never get their first choice targets.

How much is Sterling worth with 2 years left on his deal? If they want Benteke who also has 2 years left on his deal, I think we should at least ask for the same fee that they sell Sterling for. 

I can't see why they want Benteke. They've got Origi coming in who is a similar (less good) player. Would you want two strikers who are ultimately the same - spending £35-40m in the process? 

Â