Rino8

Gareth Barry nade a huge song and dance about only leaving Villa for a team with Champions League football... then joins Citeh who didnt have Champions League football at the time.

yep, the news of the world interview did him for me, martin o'neil is too busy at the euros to sort my future says gareth barry from his holiday home in florida, i want to play champions league, joins city who werent in the champions league

dont begrudge him the career he's had and would have had him back here when he joined everton, but he took a pop at us before he left and tried to justify his move, that didnt and still doesnt sit well with me

Origi is looking more and more like a drunken eBay purchase.

befitting of liverpools transfer policy then, rodgers has spent the last year desperately trying to find his old save file, when sakho and emre can are considered successes then you really have to wonder how bad some of the signings have been

• Like 1

Origi looked quite good in the world cup I thought. 8 goals for Lille this season isn't great  but he's only 20 so the potential is there and he could become very good. Not too many 20 year olds much better really. 

Gareth Barry nade a huge song and dance about only leaving Villa for a team with Champions League football... then joins Citeh who didnt have Champions League football at the time.

yep, the news of the world interview did him for me, martin o'neil is too busy at the euros to sort my future says gareth barry from his holiday home in florida, i want to play champions league, joins city who werent in the champions league

dont begrudge him the career he's had and would have had him back here when he joined everton, but he took a pop at us before he left and tried to justify his move, that didnt and still doesnt sit well with me

He did though...it wasn't a shock that a team spending billions got into the CL..

I like Sterling as a player and I think he has massive potential.
Saying that, he hasn't done much for Liverpool, has yet to do it in big games and obviously hasn't won them anything.

Whilst he isn't Liverpool born and has no affinity to the club, joining them at 16, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth when you have a kid who has achieved nothing going toe to toe with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

More and more I am becoming disillusioned with this game, and these mollycoddled, can't think for themselves, easily led, selfish words removed coming through the system.

I think Sterling has been badly mishandled at Liverpool. Rodgers made him look very bad when he said he has been offered an incredible contract for a young man. His attitude on the pitch is first class. He has never complained about what position he has to play. Wherever he ends up he is going to be earning shed loads of money so money is not  the issue. All these ex Liverpool players saying his development will be better at Liverpool are just talking with red tinted glasses. if he ends up at Chelsea, look at what Mourinho has done for Hazard! At Arsenal he will be better coached.

Of course if he moves to a bigger club and fails and ends up at a club like West Ham or Stoke then thats the way it goes but its his life and he should be able go where he wants without having all this unneccessary pressure put on him. 

Lets face it Liverpool's biggest mistake was selling their star man to Barcelona. According to Gary Neville they didn't have to sell him but decided to cash in after the world cup incident. Now they have two prize assets Sterling and Sturridge, one who is injured all the time and one they are facing a losing battle to keep hold of and thats because they allowed Suarez to go. 

Edited by PaulC

Yes he has but I don't blame him for doing that because of what Rodgers said previously and making him look  like a money grabbing ********.

Liverpool have screwed things up really, 

Origi looked quite good in the world cup I thought.

You can't judge players based on how they play at a World Cup. See Salif Diao, El Hadji Diouf, James Rodriguez etc.

I find the Sterling saga hilarious. He's showing utter distain for Liverpool and their fans/ex-players giant ego's can't cope with it. The lad wants to win things and he knows he can't at Liverpool, he needs to move to a big club not a Europa League also ran. Ha Ha! 

Edited by villa89

You can't judge players based on how they play at a World Cup. See Salif Diao, El Hadji Diouf, James Rodriguez etc.

Are you saying James is just a one tournament wonder?

I find the Sterling saga hilarious. He's showing utter distain for Liverpool and their fans/ex-players giant ego's can't cope with it. The lad wants to win things and he knows he can't at Liverpool, he needs to move to a big club not a Europa League also ran. Ha Ha! 

Not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Liverpool fans before sterling wanted to leave - "he is the best young talent in the world and is worth atleast 50 million"

Liverpool fans now sterling wants to leave - "Jordan Ibe is better anyway''

• Like 1

How exactly is wanting to play for a club more likely to challenge for honours "greedy"? Seems to just be a lazily used term used for any player who is perceived to be guilty of disloyalty. He turned down a six figure weekly salary at Liverpool, that would suggest money is playing a small role in this decision.

It didn't stop Gareth Barry or James Milner being called "greedy" when they left us.

Which was equally ridiculous, especially for Milner.

Think it's really funny how the northern media were all saying Sterling was world class and all of a sudden he's not as good as he thinks he is!! If he signs a new deal he'll be the best in the world again in their eyes...

Â