Rino8

51 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Or not spent £35m on Oxlade-Chamberlain, who is crap, or the thick end of £60m on Naby Keita, who looks to be exactly what they need but they can't have him until next season.

I think Ox is decent but so far away from what they needed. A completely pointless signing.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

should they have sold Coutinho for 130m and bought an entire back 5?

1 keeper, 2 x centre halves, a defensive midfielder and a centre forward

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first time I've heard Klopp say something that could cost him his job.  Not so much because the comment itself was a sackable offence, but because it hints that he has lost control of his team.  Saying that he could have done better in a pair of trainers for Spurs' first goal is a more sinister level of insult aimed at his own players.  He's not only slagging off his defence.  That defence reflects on him.  The comment is almost an admission of failure.  It's a resentment, and I wouldn't be surprised if his bosses did not take kindly to it at all.

Unless they can turn this around quickly, I think his days are numbered.

I don't think his days are numbered just yet.  They've played 4 of their main "rivals" in the league already (Manchester x2, Arsenal and Spurs) as well at Watford away, which appears to be a tough place to go this season.

However, the manner of the defensive performance against Spurs will be worrying.  Their next 3 games are huge - Huddersfield (H), West Ham (A), Southampton (H).  He needs 3 wins there and, if he gets them, I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool battling with Man Utd for position.

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think his days are numbered just yet.  They've played 4 of their main "rivals" in the league already (Manchester x2, Arsenal and Spurs) as well at Watford away, which appears to be a tough place to go this season.

However, the manner of the defensive performance against Spurs will be worrying.  Their next 3 games are huge - Huddersfield (H), West Ham (A), Southampton (H).  He needs 3 wins there and, if he gets them, I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool battling with Man Utd for position.

They have played 4 of their main rivals, and they were hockeyed by 2 of them, failed to beat one at home despite out-playing them, and they beat Arsenal.  They're on a run of 1 win in 6 games.  Their defence has gone backwards although they're Jekyll & Hyde.  They have THE worst defence in the league away from home yet somehow second best defence at home.  When you add all of the above to yesterday's comments, which for me broke new ground, that's why I think they're numbered.  You say 3 wins has him battling United.  I think Liverpool will be lucky to finish top 4 this season.  The top 3 are out of sight and I don't think they have the measure of Chelsea either.  I think we're in for plenty more Klopp tantrums and I don't think he'll survive all of them.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

They have played 4 of their main rivals, and they were hockeyed by 2 of them, failed to beat one at home despite out-playing them, and they beat Arsenal.  They're on a run of 1 win in 6 games.  Their defence has gone backwards although they're Jekyll & Hyde.  They have THE worst defence in the league away from home yet somehow second best defence at home.  When you add all of the above to yesterday's comments, which for me broke new ground, that's why I think they're numbered.  You say 3 wins has him battling United.  I think Liverpool will be lucky to finish top 4 this season.  The top 3 are out of sight and I don't think they have the measure of Chelsea either.  I think we're in for plenty more Klopp tantrums and I don't think he'll survive all of them.

I mean, all of that is of course possible.  He needs to fix the defence - every single goal against Spurs could've been avoided by simple defending.  That's bonkers!  Normally you get cut open at some point at concede a great goal but... nope, just all calamitous. 

My point r.e: Man Utd is that they have played absolutely no-one of note (apart from Liverpool, weirdly enough) and their next 2 games are Spurs (H) and Chelsea (A) - as I mentioned before, Liverpool have Huddersfield (H) and West Ham (A).  You'd assume after losing to Huddersfield (strange complete non-reaction to that result generally btw) that Man Utd will be up for it but, given the way Mourinho approaches "big games", I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they come out of those 2 games with 0 wins.  That swing - entirely theoretical - would see Liverpool either 1, 2 or 3 points behind Utd, after having played much tougher games overall.

I don't think they'll get top 4 but, as I said elsewhere, I think their true position in the league at the moment is 5th.  They're 3 points off that position.  It's too early to be sacking Klopp IMO and I don't think they will do unless form continues to fall off a cliff.  To repeat, their next 3 games are huge.

• Like 1

Spurs was their worse performance because the City one changed on the red card. Most games they have pretty much bossed without having the killer touch up front. United created nothing against them and they blew Arsenal away.  3 points off the top 4 and if all goes well they will be in the top 4 after the next three games. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They have the world's most self-entitled fans. 

I’m always amazed by how many Liverpool fans people seem to know. Man United fans are about a billion times worse from my experience - and there’s so many more of them :( 

It wasn't obvious they weren't going to get VVD in the summer as the way they handled the transfer early doors (announcing it before Southampton had agreed). They never had a back up plan and instead wasted money Ox. Ridiculous transfer strategy.

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’m always amazed by how many Liverpool fans people seem to know. Man United fans are about a billion times worse from my experience - and there’s so many more of them :( 

I don't like Utd, but there are just as many Liverpool fans, the majority of them have never been near Liverpool let alone to a game and they are all pathetic. The most one eyed set of fans you'd ever meet.

12 hours ago, a m ole said:

should they have sold Coutinho for 130m and bought an entire back 5?

Don't see why they had to sell Coutinho when they had a spare 40m to spend on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I really don't understand why they actually needed to sign him when they're well stocked in midfield and attack. When Lallana is fit again he'll be ahead of the Ox in the pecking order.

For 20m they could've got a good quality CB like Glik or Manolas.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see why they had to sell Coutinho when they had a spare 40m to spend on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I really don't understand why they actually needed to sign him when they're well stocked in midfield and attack. When Lallana is fit again he'll be ahead of the Ox in the pecking order.

For 20m they could've got a good quality CB like Glik or Manolas.

They should have sold him because he’s nowhere near as good as that valuation. The club should be able to back themselves to sell these players for fees like that and bring in either someone better or as good for cheaper.

Did they thing the Ox could be his replacement?

Â