Rino8

Sign some actual good defenders and Liverpool are pretty much a guaranteed top 4 club. Last season the only thing that let them down was their lack of defense.

They have Coutinho who can change a game. Salah and Mane are quality wingers. Can is becoming a great defensive mid. Lallana had a great year last year. Their defense lets them down. It's amazing to me how for the 2nd season, their defense is still mediocre. They just need one quality center back and I think they are set. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Sign some actual good defenders and Liverpool are pretty much a guaranteed top 4 club. Last season the only thing that let them down was their lack of defense.

They have Coutinho who can change a game. Salah and Mane are quality wingers. Can is becoming a great defensive mid. Lallana had a great year last year. Their defense lets them down. It's amazing to me how for the 2nd season, their defense is still mediocre. They just need one quality center back and I think they are set. 

They also need a goalscorer, Sturridge is never fit and Firminio isn't very good

1 hour ago, KHV said:

They also need a goalscorer, Sturridge is never fit and Firminio isn't very good

Firmino isn't really a goal scorer. He is very crafty and creates space for the 3 behind him to operate. Liverpool play a lot better with him in the team. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Xela said:

Worse record than Rafa and Brenda after his first 75 games 

We've been before really. ok Rafa  fair enough. But Rodgers had Suarez in his pomp. What was Rodgers record post Suarez. A lot worse than Klopp. But at the end of the day its a results business and Liverpool despite dominating every game except Man City they are not scoring goals. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We've been before really. ok Rafa  fair enough. But Rodgers had Suarez in his pomp. What was Rodgers record post Suarez. A lot worse than Klopp. But at the end of the day its a results business and Liverpool despite dominating every game except Man City they are not scoring goals. 

does Klopp not have Coutinho, Mane, Salah in there pomp? Suarez is not an excuse anymore. They had actually made a great start that season before he returned from his suspension

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Worse than Klopp's record but not massively and considering Rodgers is seen as a bit of a joke and Klopp is seen as a genius I would expect to see a bigger difference.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

does Klopp not have Coutinho, Mane, Salah in there pomp? Suarez is not an excuse anymore. They had actually made a great start that season before he returned from his suspension

Ok Klopp is crap. Don't matter what he did at Dortmund. Liverpool should sack him now!

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Ok Klopp is crap. Don't matter what he did at Dortmund. Liverpool should sack him now!

his last season at Dortmund he nearly got them relegated until a run of form after Christmas pulled them to 7th. 

I would have never gave him a 6 year contract as he done nothing to deserve it not to mention his lack of regard for defending

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

his last season at Dortmund he nearly got them relegated until a run of form after Christmas pulled them to 7th. 

I would have never gave him a 6 year contract as he done nothing to deserve it not to mention his lack of regard for defending

7th isn't anywhere near relegation. I'd rather focus on what he achieved there than what he didn't. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

7th isn't anywhere near relegation. I'd rather focus on what he achieved there than what he didn't. 

they won 9 of there last 15 games to stay up. Where bottom at February

he is not the manager he was and without a good scouting team he is clueless with transfers

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don’t think anyone thinks he is crap.

But I think a little closer inspection of his performance is justified as he is almost considered some sort of genius for his time at Dortmund.

I think he has done a good job at L’pool with comparatively limited resources.

But he is looking increasingly tactically naive and stubborn like Wenger.

He has a poor record in finals because of this where he seems incapable of adapting to win unlike some of his more pragmatic rivals.

His inability or refusal to sort Liverpool’s defence is as amusing as it is purplexing and currently despite his supposed genius he is doing no better than Rogers who was largely mocked.

I think Klopp is doing a good job but there are clearly issues and questions to be asked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think anyone thinks he is crap.

But I think a little closer inspection of his performance is justified as he is almost considered some sort of genius for his time at Dortmund.

I think he has done a good job at L’pool with comparatively limited resources.

But he is looking increasingly tactically naive and stubborn like Wenger.

He has a poor record in finals because of this where he seems incapable of adapting to win unlike some of his more pragmatic rivals.

His inability or refusal to sort Liverpool’s defence is as amusing as it is purplexing and currently despite his supposed genius he is doing no better than Rogers who was largely mocked.

I think Klopp is doing a good job but there are clearly issues and questions to be asked.

Yes I agree with all that. I just don't like comparing records with previous managers who had one of the three best players in the world at his disposal. Has Sturridge got even near that goal tally for Klopp?  Cant blame Klopp for that. Rodgers got lucky!. This season its their attack which isnt firing. They didn't even look like conceding against Man U. 

Really though hes not in the same league as Pep. 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

What did they appoint him to achieve though? Given his record at Dortmund it was surely just more than finishing 4th every season?

Â