Rino8

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Continho hasn't impressed this year. probably could do without him. Firminho, Salah and Mane is a strong front three. if Keita replaces Coutinho they will be more solid

Shouls have cashed in on him when they had the chance 

• Like 2

Coutinho was a huge reason Liverpool got to the champions league last season, so I understood them not wanting to be bullied by bigger clubs. If Liverpool want to establish themselves as a mainstay in the champions league, then they had to keep hold of their best players.

Now in hindsight though, they probably would have been better off investing in defense, a defensive mid, and a new keeper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Coutinho was a huge reason Liverpool got to the champions league last season, so I understood them not wanting to be bullied by bigger clubs. If Liverpool want to establish themselves as a mainstay in the champions league, then they had to keep hold of their best players.

Now in hindsight though, they probably would have been better off investing in defense, a defensive mid, and a new keeper.

A player has a great season generating interest from bigger clubs and if they stay, they usually have a bad season the following year. Happens more often than not. Mahrez and Berahino spring to mind.

I think when a player's head has been turned, clubs would be better off trying to rinse as much cash as possible and getting rid.

Edited by TheAuthority

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think when a player's head has been turned, clubs would be better off trying to rinse as much cash as possible and getting rid.

Exactly. He wanted out and cried like a baby when he didn't get his move. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Exactly. He wanted out and cried like a baby when he didn't get his move. 

This is where the elite coaches earn some of their dough, he should have had a replacement or 2 lines up. With the sort of money being offered Klopp should have been able to replace him. He’s good, but not as good as the reported transfer fee.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

This is where the elite coaches earn some of their dough, he should have had a replacement or 2 lines up. With the sort of money being offered Klopp should have been able to replace him. He’s good, but not as good as the reported transfer fee.

Well best example is Fergie with Ronaldo, he wanted out but he convinced him to stay one more year. Got a great season from him and a record transfer

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well best example is Fergie with Ronaldo, he wanted out but he convinced him to stay one more year. Got a great season from him and a record transfer

Yeah, completely agree.

Worst case scenario is no money, and an unhappy player whose value is dropping all the time. This is where they’re headed.

I doubt whether his value will drop by much more than 20 mil based on this seasons form. Its not like hes a one season wonder like Mahrez whose value will have dropped. We all know what he can do and on the flip side Salah's value has doubled or even trebled. so swings and roundabouts

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I doubt whether his value will drop by much more than 20 mil based on this seasons form. Its not like hes a one season wonder like Mahrez whose value will have dropped. We all know what he can do and on the flip side Salah's value has doubled or even trebled. so swings and roundabouts

Mahrez looks twice the player as Coutinho this season.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Coutinho hasn't been that good this season, Mahrez has been more instrumental for Leicester, end of.

Coutinho has been injured for several games - and has still contributed more than Mahrez has.

He's an absolute class act.  End of.

Â