Rino8

They have only paid this kind of money because they now they will recoup it wanting £100 million plus for Coutinho. They were ripping Van Dijk on tv, no way is he worth that kind of money, has the odd flash but looks pretty average for Premiership £££££££. Typical Liverplop, knobbers. Ha!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

These signings are making it impossible for other premier league clubs to compete. The gap between the big clubs and the rest of the clubs are growing massively. 

I mean even if we go up and Tony says here is 50 million, that probably isn't enough which is insane because if Lerner gave Lambert 50 million, we probably would've been top 10. 

Yep. Defintely torn the arse out the game for sure thanks to the astronomical TV money thats came into play.

If we went up we only have half a squad come June and at these prices Tony is going to need to shell out somewhere near  £200m in our first season to the manger in order to build a squad capable of staying in the league.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

They have only paid this kind of money because they now they will recoup it wanting £100 million plus for Coutinho. They were ripping Van Dijk on tv, no way is he worth that kind of money, has the odd flash but looks pretty average for Premiership £££££££. Typical Liverplop, knobbers. Ha!!

Just obscene isn't it.

Southampton definately rubbing their hands.. £138.5m shelled out by Liverplop on 5 players from Southampton now in the last 4 years!  :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Its an insane amount of money. Its one of those transfers where it astounds you based on the price

How much higher will transfers go? 

How long before it gets to a stupid level and becomes financially unjustified across the board?

I remember being a paperboy and reading the day Alan Shearer signed for Newcastle for £15m and thinking then that was outrageous amounts for a football transfer.

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How long before it gets to a stupid level and becomes financially unjustified across the board?

I remember being a paperboy and reading the day Alan Shearer signed for Newcastle for £15m and thinking then that was outrageous amounts for a football transfer.

Shearer was one of the best players in the world at that time, and one of the best goalscorers England has ever seen. Now clubs are getting mugged off buying very unspecial players for superstar money.

Nice to see most pundits failing to do their jobs on this one. Gary Neville came closest, was holding back laughter when talking about it, slated it but then said something along the lines of them getting him back to the form he showed last season. News flash, he has never shown the form or ability of a "£75m player".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really is just a matter of time before the bubble bursts now. A CB who would have been Chelsea or Manchester United's 4th choice in the past decade going for £75m.

It's the end, the writing's on the wall.

I have seen a few Dutch games recently and he isnt really first choice for them and they arent good these days

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have seen a few Dutch games recently and he isnt really first choice for them and they arent good these days

Apart from Cillessen being a sub for Barcelona and at a stretch Daley Blind or Strootman they have nobody playing for any of Europe's top sides at the moment. Compared to 15-20 years ago it is some decline.

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How long before people start to turn on top division football? In an age of austerity and cutbacks, footballers are coining it in to obscene levels and still moaning about not earning enough. 

Van Dijk isn't even an elite level footballer. 

• Like 1

I've seen people online (and a news outlet) trying to compare Van Dijk to rio Ferdinand when he signed for Man Utd for £30m

Ferdinand was 23, had already got 2 years experience playing for a top Champions League challenging team (Leeds Utd) and was widely accepted as one of the top young defensive talents in world football. 

Van Dijk is 26 and has never stood out as anything more than 'decent'

He will never live up to the price tag - its a transfer that probably can't ever succeed and be deemed a success. 

• Like 4

Â