Rino8

These signings are making it impossible for other premier league clubs to compete. The gap between the big clubs and the rest of the clubs are growing massively. 

I mean even if we go up and Tony says here is 50 million, that probably isn't enough which is insane because if Lerner gave Lambert 50 million, we probably would've been top 10. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I mean even if we go up and Tony says here is 50 million, that probably isn't enough which is insane because if Lerner gave Lambert 50 million, we probably would've been top 10. 

£50m isn't a budget for a Premier League team - the likes of Stoke and Swansea will be expecting to spend more than that each summer and we're on catch up duty - if we were promoted we'd need at least £100m to stand any chance of staying up.

An average Premier league player now costs £20m - that's someone who is a back up in a top six team.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Tarkowski is linked with Arsenal for 30 million. If we go up is little chance we can compete

If we go up, we'll get the same TV money as everyone else - when TV are giving you in excess of £100m a season, £30m becomes a reasonable fee.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we go up, we'll get the same TV money as everyone else - when TV are giving you in excess of £100m a season, £30m becomes a reasonable fee.

I understand but we need about 8 30million players if i am being generous ;)

Just now, Zatman said:

I understand but we need about 8 30million players if i am being generous ;)

I agree. I think that would be a reasonable funding demand. That's the Premier league.

Liverpool are trying to cement a place in the top four - that's going to cost £300m a year even when you're already almost there, it's getting to the point where that's the price tag to stand still at the top end.

• Like 1

Its an insane amount of money. Its one of those transfers where it astounds you based on the price

How much higher will transfers go? 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love it if at the next round of TV auctions nobody bothers to bid so high and they are sold mega cheap. 

The exact opposite of this will happen. With the possible entry of netflix, Facebook or amazon this transfer might look cheap in a few years. 

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The exact opposite of this will happen. With the possible entry of netflix, Facebook or amazon this transfer might look cheap in a few years. 

Yep, without premier league football sky have nothing so they will bid more to make sure they get the big packages

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yep, without premier league football sky have nothing so they will bid more to make sure they get the big packages

They really dont. Champions league, rugby, ashes, some golf majors have been lost in recent times

Premier League, shit boxing and darts is all they have left. Oh and Kabbadi

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love it if at the next round of TV auctions nobody bothers to bid so high and they are sold mega cheap. 

Domestic is only really 50% or less these days. What about the rights that go for massive amounts to the Asian and American market?

Â