Rino8

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Only questioning him as a £100m+ player, even in the current market he’s nowhere near that level.

I think for Liverpool to replace him, they'd need to spend a similar amount of money.  He's a great talent who is "only" 25.

So it's not that he's necessarily "worth" £100m+ (although in a world where Romelu Lukaku is "worth" £80m+ then maybe), but that it's not worth Liverpool selling him for that amount as they'd just be weaker.

Neymar has set the benchmark and Mbappé going for a possible  180 mil euros, Coutinho will easily fetch £100m, but yes replacing him is a problem. Mind you could say that Salah has been such an amazing signing that done that already. 

Edited by PaulC

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Neymar has set the benchmark and Mbappé going for a possible  180 mil euros, Coutinho will easily fetch £100m, but yes replacing him is a problem. Mind you could say that Salah has been such an amazing signing that done that already. 

I don’t think they are normal transfers, I guess if an oil state funded club comes in for Coutinho then it might get equally silly.

Salah is a great example of what you can get without being mugged off, but then Liverpool also blew £40m on the Ox which is utterly stupid.

Do big clubs have scouts anymore?

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think they are normal transfers, I guess if an oil state funded club comes in for Coutinho then it might get equally silly.

Salah is a great example of what you can get without being mugged off, but then Liverpool also blew £40m on the Ox which is utterly stupid.

Do big clubs have scouts anymore?

Mane and him but they are few and far between really. 

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

Salah and Coutinho are very different types of players - not a replacement at all.

Peter Crouch:

"It was the before the 2007 UCL final. We went Go-Karting. We were going round the track and I flew into the pits but there were no breaks. I was driving straight towards Kuyt and Alonso and thought to myself who was more valuable... So I swerved into Kuyt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes players go hot and cold. its something Pep has managed well at City as when the haven't been at their best they still find a way of winning. Liverpool when they are good they are very very good but don't win too many games when they don't play well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely full-blown destroyed Swansea tonight. No competition, just pure humiliation. Sure, pool are undeniably a good team but damn...Swansea's looking like us two seasons ago. Ain't that a shame Ayew...

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

They've had a £75m bid accepted for Virgil van Dijk, which will make him the most expensive defender in the world.

I don't know if I'm that arsed about getting promoted.  We're absolutely miles off now.

Agreed. Even if we get up, we'd need to spend £500m to be competitive (ie challenge the 'big boys')

I don't think its worth it anymore. 

Edited by Xela

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

They've had a £75m bid accepted for Virgil van Dijk, which will make him the most expensive defender in the world.

I don't know if I'm that arsed about getting promoted.  We're absolutely miles off now.

Makes the Lukaku transfer seem “reasonable”!

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Van Dijk for me isnt even that great a defender :o

He's a shade above average defensively, his ability on the ball clouds a lot of things, although a lot better than the clowns they have right now.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â