Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Its actually barely relevant to my point though is it?

And after 60 minutes of excellent defending, he's beaten to the ball by one of the best strikers in the world.

What a shit bastard.

That goal was so well executed it's scary. A real star goalscorer.

Another 4 goals. I don't think any of our defenders are a positive at the moment.

What strange logic.

Be interesting to see an updated table to the one you did earlier in the season.

It'll still show that we're miles better with Vlaar than without.

I'm sure we are as Clark and baker are not good enough. I'd also suspect it would show very poor stats with him in the team.

Yes but Vlaar has been pretty good. I don't know why it's so hard for you to give praise to a Villa player where it's justified.

Even now I expect the stats wouldn't be too bad with him.

Its not hard I praise guzan, benteke, delph, bacuna (at times), gabby, Bertrand and last season gave a lot of credit to weimman. I've also give vlaar credit in certain games.

But while at times some of our defenders deserve praise I think overall our defence has been abysmal. 127 goals in 75 games. Last year was the most goals conceded in a prem season and if we let in 2 against spurs this season will jump into 2nd place.

Its not hard I praise guzan, benteke, delph, bacuna (at times), gabby, Bertrand and last season gave a lot of credit to weimman. I've also give vlaar credit in certain games.

But while at times some of our defenders deserve praise I think overall our defence has been abysmal. 127 goals in 75 games. Last year was the most goals conceded in a prem season and if we let in 2 against spurs this season will jump into 2nd place.

That's such a simplistic view though. Just because our defensive record as a team is poor doesn't mean there aren't individual defenders who are good.

I think it's pretty simplistic to ignore evidence and facts.

Another 4 goals. I don't think any of our defenders are a positive at the moment.

What strange logic.

Be interesting to see an updated table to the one you did earlier in the season.

It'll still show that we're miles better with Vlaar than without.

JuiER.gif

you do know we were playing against a team that had a player that cost more than our 1st 11 combined and probably his weekly salary is more than them as well

but yeah great point

I don't think anyone disagrees that we're better with vlaar than without him. That's mainly due to the other options not being good enough. We're still a poor defence with vlaar in it.

Well you seem to be going to extraordinary effort to ignore any evidence in this thread that shows Vlaar might actually not be rubbish.

But then immediately saying other people are ignoring evidence when they dare to have a different view than you.

you do know we were playing against a team that had a player that cost more than our 1st 11 combined and probably his weekly salary is more than them as well

but yeah great point

If I was basing my point just on last night then well done. But I wasn't. I said another 4 goals. How many times has that happened recently?

I don't think anyone disagrees that we're better with vlaar than without him. That's mainly due to the other options not being good enough. We're still a poor defence with vlaar in it.

Well you seem to be going to extraordinary effort to ignore any evidence in this thread that shows Vlaar might actually not be rubbish.

But then immediately saying other people are ignoring evidence when they dare to have a different view than you.

I've not ignored it at all. I've acknowledged the evidence that shows vlaar improves us when he plays and I've given credit when I felt he deserved it. Edited by Big_John_10

Â