Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He may have been better than are other cbs, apart from this season where Clark was clearly better than him. But he still hasn't been good enough. We've had an abysmal defence and being the best of a shit unit doesn't really mean much.

Overall he's been very good when he's played - we all know his biggest problem has been fitness.

This.

He's been pretty consistently out best CB when he's played.

The problem is he hasn't played enough.

I'd agree with that, although I've slight concerns about him since his latest return.

Not sure if its a fitness/sharpness thing but some of his mistakes (not just the costly ones) worry me he might be past his best.

• Like 1

I'd imagine if you are injuried and playing with injections then it will effect you mentally.

My concern is having a history of bad knee's and now recuring calf injuries , at 30 is he ever going to be that fit.It would also explain why after having a stormer of a world cup 12 months ago and on a free transfer the que of clubs linked with him are hardly big names.

That's my problem with Vlaar.

If he was fully fit then I would be 100% behind signing him up to a new deal.

But those injuries just mean it's a very risky business.

I think when fit and playing well he's excellent. I alsothink he was a great signing and has been good for the club.

However, I also think he's become an absolute liability this season, throughout his time here he's consistently sat out injured, often when we've needed him most. This has also led to an unsettled back line as when fit we couldn't afford to leave him out but when injured we had to adjust and couldn't.

The nail in the coffin is saying he's looking to go onto bigger and better things.

The only thing that's held him back whilst playing for us is himself, he was a premier league player, our captain, he's now known by most football fans, he's played consistently for his country including a world cup semi final. If he moves he'll be able to achieve, at most, the same, almost definitely less, all whilst continuing to be injury prone

Apparently Vlaar is back packing through Bangalore helping out disadvantaged youngsters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ron-vlaar-putting-aston-villa-5964702

"The Dutch defender, whose Villa deal expires on Wednesday, has spent his summer working with the Yojana Foundation in remote areas of Bangalore"

i thought all footballers were getting pissed on their summer holidays?

Apparently Vlaar is back packing through Bangalore helping out disadvantaged youngsters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ron-vlaar-putting-aston-villa-5964702

"The Dutch defender, whose Villa deal expires on Wednesday, has spent his summer working with the Yojana Foundation in remote areas of Bangalore"

He's taking his holidays 'to the next level'

Which is how he'll end up playing for the 4th best team in Turkey

Could be doing both tbf.

Â