Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Yeah Okore has lost his way recently, Vlaar was excellent today - including the subtle nudge in the back on Kramaric in the first half. Good nous.

Should've been a pen imo.  Not sure that's "good nous"!

Yeah Okore has lost his way recently, Vlaar was excellent today - including the subtle nudge in the back on Kramaric in the first half. Good nous.

Ok Robbie, enough is enough ;)

We need Vlaar fit for the remainder of the season - he could really contribute to how our season ends up.

• Like 1

Fantastic today.

If he says fit right to the end of the season, that'll be a huge part of us staying up for me.

My feelings exactly, he will make the difference, hes that important I would rest him for cup games.

lets not forget okore was out for 12 months and was probably been pushed into the team earlier than intended.i'm sure if we didn't have the injurys at cb he'd have been brought into the team gradually.great to see ron back though.anyone else think he'll stay fit cause he needs to impress possible suitors  :detect:

Should've been a pen imo. Not sure that's "good nous"![/quote

According to gobby cabbage it was but according to shearer and dion it wasn't. And they are forwards. And I prdfer those to than a former blue nose clearing in the woods

It would have been one of the softest penalties I had ever seen, in the sense that I could understand why it was given but that it was as borderline as you'll ever see. The lad was on his way over, there was no real lean or push involved, if anything there was a little bit of (legal) obstruction involved from the forward too. Kramaric was weak and he paid the price for it. Good player clearly, but needs to bulk up. Ron dominated him most of the afternoon. 

Captains performance yesterday, lead by example. Superb. Glad to have him back. 

Are you a great believer in strikers in the 6 yard box being allowed free headers without any challenges at all?

Or are you just using it to have ANOTHER pop?

Those type of challenges happen all over the pitch with hardly anything given, it was risky but savage clung on to it like shit to a blanket, the guys in the studio all said no, they didn't even discuss it on MOTD2

What's the difference between that and upson putting his hand in the small of bentekes back when he was clean through and shooting (and he blazed wide and high) Vlaars had a bit more contact and was a bit more blatant? It's still something that both teams do all the time

When you have 2 paid up members of the strikers union saying it wasn't a penalty then it wasn't a penalty. Cabbage is a pr*ck with a Villa axe to grind and his opinion should always be dismissed out of hand.

• Like 2

... and that pass for Bacuna, most centre halfs would just hoof that into the box

Lovely reverse pass that put Bacuna through one on one - You'd be giving Cole a pat on the back for that.

Special stuff from a defender.

Â