Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

Still people love to come up with the dream scenario. Or they were dead all along.

Yes that was a double Diss to the garbage that was Lost.

They weren't dead all along in LOST. The fans coming up with that notion is precisely the kind of over-analsying that you were just criticising. Leave LOST alone :rant::P :P

Still people love to come up with the dream scenario. Or they were dead all along.

They weren't dead all along in LOST. The fans coming up with that notion is precisely the kind of over-analsying that you were just criticising. Leave LOST alone :rant::P :P

arrrgggghh, i get angry when people think that they were dead all along in Lost.  

so many people i know say that (yes, stupid people).

Did they watch it with their eyes sewn shut?   :bang:

I'm all for interpretation and critical analysis, in fact there should be more intelligent criticism of television and cinema. It is taking things at a surface level and going no further that has led to brainless shite being pumped out in both mediums.

However, everything should be supported with evidence. I don't see any evidence to suggest it was a fantasy, and if it was, it was far too subtle and a failure.

Depends on the context with dead all along in Lost though.

'Destined to die' as in 'hopeless' was not the context it was put forward as. It was put forward as being imagined in the brain of one of them.

I'm all for interpretation and critical analysis, in fact there should be more intelligent criticism of television and cinema. It is taking things at a surface level and going no further that has led to brainless shite being pumped out in both mediums.

However, everything should be supported with evidence. I don't see any evidence to suggest it was a fantasy, and if it was, it was far too subtle and a failure.

Completely agree with all of that, and I enjoy taking part in discussions where there is deeper meaning to be found, but as CED says, there's not enough evidence to support this theory. I'd imagine if it were true, then you would have had, at the very end of the episode, something like... I don't know, Walt slipping and falling in the lab, and then as the camera panned up above him, the distant sound of a car horn fading in, and then a shot of Walt in the frozen car from the start of the episode, slumped forward, pressing against the horn as he lay there dead with the cops circling around the car, or perhaps something more subtle since Gilligan is obviously a far superior writer than I ;)

Either way, the last episode happened in the canon of the story in my eyes, so until Gilligan tells me otherwise, that's that.

Edited by Ginko

Sure I know that, the flash forward was to them in the afterlife. 

It's just such a steaming pile of shit it deserves ridicule as often as possible :P

• Like 1

I agree, but you have to admit it's the dumb of the dumb who are surely on American forums posing with no sarcasm that it was a dream. 

As I said on the previous page, nobody seems to mention the deal with god at the beginning of the last episode, where the cops roll by and he's allowed go exact vengeance and kill everyone his acts have given power to and free jesse and give location of Hanks body. This attempt at redemption and before his death. 

It has a nice parallel in Star Wars (which is entirely about Anakin / Darth). Just hear me out.

A connection (for me at least) was Anakin / Darth Vader is Walter / Heisenberg, he was good and supremely talented, turned to the dark side (selling drugs, lusting power and most of all respect for his talent and skill), it got out of control and the people he did this for, the people he loved (his wife and children) suffered the most. He then got some redemption by destroying the Evil he gave power to (the drug empire he'd created and the blue meth / the Emperor and his galactic empire) and at the same time saving his son / Jesse the one person who managed to know the real him and save him. 

Edited by CVByrne

Walt's every move was plausible to me, he had cancer, he needed money for treatment, he needed more money, he needed to take more risks.......

The beauty of it was, for me, following it through veiwers ccould understand why he made every decision. Perhaps we would all make the same decisions being in the same position, that's it's attraction.

From a keek to cold blooded killer all in easy to follow steps that are reasonable to those who have watched it unfold, RIP Mr White, thanks for the journey.

O

Edited by tinker

I think that sometimes people dig as deep as possible to try and find hidden meanings that aren't there and end up over complicating it. 

This. It's a TV show not a f^&king 6 sided rubik's cube. Of course it was going to end the way it did, they were hardly going to have Walt die of cancer in his little hut and Jesse be a slave for the rest of his days. (*Although that would have been a great ending)

oh... a 6 sided rubik's cube..

A cube... with 6 sides... interesting

If you look at Breaking Bad, each one of the five seasons, watch carefully for the little hints like the chemical symbols, smoking meth, money laundering, murder, and manufacturing and distributing an illegal and very dangerous drug, it becomes clear that it's a daydream of one specific character ----

ngeorge.jpg

ok guys, something else im behind on, i havnt read any of this thread yet but will, just watched the very first episode and was really impressed so far, cant believe this wasnt introduced to my life sooner, lol, i actually need to quite work to catch up on everything ive missed for the past few years, lol... games, films, tv programmes!

ok guys, something else im behind on, i havnt read any of this thread yet but will, just watched the very first episode and was really impressed so far, cant believe this wasnt introduced to my life sooner, lol, i actually need to quite work to catch up on everything ive missed for the past few years, lol... games, films, tv programmes!

I'm actually quite envious - you've got a lot to look forward to :).

Heads up though - watch out for the new Netflix advert for it on TV... Filled full of MASSIVE spoilers!

I'm actually quite envious - you've got a lot to look forward to :).

Heads up though - watch out for the new Netflix advert for it on TV... Filled full of MASSIVE spoilers!

Yeah what an irresponsible load of crap.

• Like 1

Â