Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

I like when Jesse choked the **** out of Todd.

**** yeah I was hoping it would be more grewsome though.

All in all a very nice ending, and for Breaking Bad that's an achievement.

Jesse wouldn't get far, his prints are all over the place

That's from Talking Bad which was recorded at a charity event Aaron Paul held, it's worth downloading and watching.

Also, as for no badass Heisenberg moments, didn't you get chills when he confronted the Schwarz's? Especially when those lasers flicked onto them and the music and tone completely shifted? I mean, I figured out he was faking it, but didn't see Badger and Skinny Pete coming! So glad they made it into the final episode after being so great. And what about rigging up the gun in the boot of the car and taking down a bunch of Neo-Nazis? He was totally badass. Oh, and the call to Lydia at the end? Pretty dark.

I loved it. It went pretty much how I thought, but I don't see that as predictable as such, it was just the only way I could see it ending and being satisfactory.

Brilliant ending to the best TV show I've ever seen and probably ever will.

Edited by Ginko

Joseph Heller was only 38 when Catch 22 was published. Critics accused him of never writing anything as good in the remainder of his career. Quite rightly he pointed out nobody else managed to either. ;)

It's the same with Breaking Bad. It doesn't matter if Vince Gilligan never manages to top it. Enjoy it for it's brilliance and be happy you got to experience it when it was the cultural Zeitgeist that it clearly is today.

It was a show entirely driven by plot, for better and worse. That's what made it so visceral and cinematic. I would hazard a guess now and say it probably won't be as good second time round. I don't think it has enough beneath the surface to really stand up to repeated viewing. I mean, you could pick one episode of The Sopranos and spend days finding layers and layers of meaning, or you could pick a season of The Wire and focus on a different character each time. You don't really have that with Breaking Bad. Not that it makes it worse, as such, but it was a show entirely in the moment, if that makes sense. Of course there are heaps of examples of great imagery and you could probably watch it again and pick up on a tonne of foreshadowing and other little tricks of the trade, but none of it will really shed new light on the overall show.

Ultimately it was a show about different people attempting to create order/take control in a rather chaotic and cold universe (it is a very hopeless show), and how that will always fail. I can go along with that.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Guaranteed Jesse gets out and takes Brock with him.

Ricin possibly for Lydia but not sure what his beef is with her? Bit too much emphasis on her drink of choice made again in the last episode methinks. Could be for himself if he gets taken alive to make sure he isn't held captive or tortured.

Todd definitely gets killed, most likely from Jesse.

Can't see Jesse killing Walt, surely him coming back to rescue him will be enough redemption from his past sins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted that a couple of weeks ago, pretty pleased apart from taking brock with him.

What can I say, brilliant ending, brilliant show and brilliant actors, my favourite show ever and probably won't be topped.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Fave scene of the entire show then?  

Mine is when Mike visited the factory.  You know the one. He had a silenced pistol and a bunch of balloons. 

Edited by The_Rev

There's been so many.

Walt running over the two dealers to save Jesse. Jesse killing Gale to save Walt. Gus walking towards the guy sniping all of his crew - EPIC! Walt throwing down the mercury shit in S1. YEAH BITCH MAGNETS! Hector spelling out obscene words to the DEA. The entirety of the two Cartel focussed episodes were just orgasmic TV. The Nazi's turning up when Hank has Walt was spine tin-gelling. The ending of Crawl Space was some of the best acting I've ever seen in any TV/movie.

Such an awesome show, I'm going to miss it dearly. 

My favourite scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVis0HwZdM

It was the first time it showed just how far Walt was willing to go and was a total holy shit moment.

This was the episode when I realised this was not just a great show, but an all time classic show. It hasn't looked back since.

Edited by villarule123

Â