General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Merse and co reckon sturridge is surplus to requirements, with avb ruling out a striker, everton and sunderland done in the strkiker buusiness, just leaves liverpool, not sure about newcastle but if we could somehow pull this off the optimism would be back, come on lerner get your wallet out! Yes one can dream....

I'd be very surprised if Sturridge is surplus to requirements unless Chelsea have another striker coming in. If Torres got injured they've only got him or Moses to lead the line.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merse and co reckon sturridge is surplus to requirements, with avb ruling out a striker, everton and sunderland done in the strkiker buusiness, just leaves liverpool, not sure about newcastle but if we could somehow pull this off the optimism would be back, come on lerner get your wallet out! Yes one can dream....

He'd want more than 25k a week and would cost more than 3m

Wish we could just break the wages rule for one star signing, its something we desperately need, he can play on the wings too to accommodate gabby upfront. Although something tells me if spurs do come sniffing he will end up there. Strurridge will be a deadline day coup for someone I reckon

I saw Jay Spearing linked with a £3m move to Bolton. He likes a tackle and his work-rate is great, is young and hungry. At first I thought he was a bit of a joke basically because he's a Scouser but he grew on me a bit the more I saw him play and he could be a good partner for El Ahmadi.

Spearing is no better than Herd, so I wouldn't see the point.

When you look at the last set of financial statements which was concerned with the year ended 31.05.2011 our wages amounted to £83million. First team players we were paying at one point or another were as follows.

Friedel, Guzan (7 months), Marshall (10 months),

Young, Warnock, Dunne, Davies (4.5 months), Clark, Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Lichaj, Baker, Lowry, Walker (5 months), Bouma (1 month), O'Halloran (1 month), Shorey (2 months).

Downing, Young, Pires (6.5 months), Ireland (5.5 months), Albrighton, Bradley (4 months), Delph, Makoun (4.5 months), Petrov, Reo-Coker, Bannan (11 months), Osbourne (8 months), Hogg (8 months), Herd, Johnson, Milner (2.5 months), Sidwell (7 months).

Carew (7.5 months), Agbonlahor, Delfouneso (10 months), Heskey, Bent (4.5 months), Weimann, Harewood (1 month).

When you compare those to the season just gone.

Given (10.5 months), Guzan, Marshall, Parish (8.5 months).

Young (3 months), Hutton (9 months), Stevens (5 months), Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Cuellar, Lichaj, Baker (11 months), Beye (5 months), Lowry (6 months).

Young (0.5 months), Downing (1.5 months), Hogg (3 months), N'Zogbia (10 months), Jenas (4 months), Ireland, Albrighton, Delph (11 months), Makoun (3months), Petrov, Bannan, Herd, Johnson, Williams, Gardner (11 months), Carruthers, Grealish.

Keane (1.5 months), Bent, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso (11 months), Heskey, Weimann (11 months), Burke.

And finally this for the first 2.5 months of this financial year.

Given, Guzan (1 month), Marshall, Siegrist.

Hutton, Warnock, Vlaar (0.5 month), Dunne, Clark, Stevens, Lichaj, Baker, Lowton, Williams, Collins (2 months).

Ireland, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Makoun, Bannan, Herd, Johnson, Gardner, Grealish, Carruthers.

Bent, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso, Weimann, Burke.

No idea of the exact figures but for me our wage budget at this moment in time can not be over £50mil, and maybe even under £40mil.

We basically need the best part of a new side to look even vaguely decent imo, so unless this week sees us spend an eye watering amount of money, this is going to be a long, long season.

Forget us needing a signing or 2, most of the team is not good enough, and the squad is pitiful. There are 6 days of the window left. A LB alone won't save us. A striker won't save us. Someone who can create might help, but it won't save us. We need all of them, and more.

Ain't happening. We'll buy, we'll borrow. It won't be enough.