General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moses to Chelsea is a wierd one can't see how he will get much game time.

Similar to Sinclair to Ci£y, neither will get much game time in key games

It's what they call cannibalisation.

Some rumors they will dispose of Sturridge now.

To all Villa Fans,

I have been a avid VillaTalk 'guest' for some time, I've been through the very lowest of lows over the past couple of season with you, Ive seen the elation over he shall not be named sacking, the hysteria (slight exaggeration - but hey, this is VT) over OGS, the rebirth of Richard and the bipolar affect of CI - Happy/Sad - who knows..... and now its time to join in the conversation....

Im very much looking forward to the coming season and watching (hopefully) our current team develope. Im sure there will be certain lows along the way.... but confident there will also be highs.

There is a certain negative core running through VT at the moment, which during last season, I could get behind...... rightly so!

HOWEVER, when re-reading the hopes and expectations thread earlier today, it was amazing what many of you were asking for:

Clear out the back 4! - Well on its way!! Tick!

Play more attractive/attacking football! - Compared to last year? Tick!

Score from a corner! - Preseason - Tick!

Shop abroad! - Think Holland is abroad - Tick!

Investment (and some)! - 7 days to go.....

Most of you should be pretty happy?

Its been said.... many many many times already through this thread, the team needs time - new manager, new players and new playing system (all of which are a step in the right direction)! Do we have an endless pot of money to go shopping this Transfer window.... it would appear not, but this does appear to be a result of a wage problem (which countless other clubs are going to encounter pretty soon), not just penny pinching.

Do we need some signings - yes! and we will (imo) see some within the next 7 days.... and throughout January....

Can we all just try and stay positive for the next 7 days before deciding we will be relegation fodder?

Things could be far far worse....

AlexMcLeishcrop.jpg

A picture says a thousand words, SilentMajority. Even if we really are on a shoestring budget (that can't really be said until the end of the transfer window), at least we have a very good manager with a record for attacking football. I'm confident that as the season goes on we'll be playing some decent attacking football. That's a far cry from last season. We may only end up a few places higher but at least the entertainment will be there.

To all Villa Fans,

I have been a avid VillaTalk 'guest' for some time, I've been through the very lowest of lows over the past couple of season with you, Ive seen the elation over he shall not be named sacking, the hysteria (slight exaggeration - but hey, this is VT) over OGS, the rebirth of Richard and the bipolar affect of CI - Happy/Sad - who knows..... and now its time to join in the conversation....

Im very much looking forward to the coming season and watching (hopefully) our current team develope. Im sure there will be certain lows along the way.... but confident there will also be highs.

There is a certain negative core running through VT at the moment, which during last season, I could get behind...... rightly so!

HOWEVER, when re-reading the hopes and expectations thread earlier today, it was amazing what many of you were asking for:

Clear out the back 4! - Well on its way!! Tick!

Play more attractive/attacking football! - Compared to last year? Tick!

Score from a corner! - Preseason - Tick!

Shop abroad! - Think Holland is abroad - Tick!

Investment (and some)! - 7 days to go.....

Most of you should be pretty happy?

Its been said.... many many many times already through this thread, the team needs time - new manager, new players and new playing system (all of which are a step in the right direction)! Do we have an endless pot of money to go shopping this Transfer window.... it would appear not, but this does appear to be a result of a wage problem (which countless other clubs are going to encounter pretty soon), not just penny pinching.

Do we need some signings - yes! and we will (imo) see some within the next 7 days.... and throughout January....

Can we all just try and stay positive for the next 7 days before deciding we will be relegation fodder?

Things could be far far worse....

What is this sense you speak of?

Pointless though, someone will post what if our first 11 get injured or something, come the next page and all will be lost.

Silent Majority posts with conviction and sensibleness.

This is good. I just want positivity here - wouldn't it be nice if people could be positive about Villa for 1 week?

By all means be as negative as you like after the transfer window if we haven't made any signings.

I'm still hopeful 2-3 players will arrive next week, if not its another long hard season. If there isn't any ambition, I have no idea why Lambert took the job, as it will be almost impossible.

But if there isn't, Lerner should put the club on the market...we will see, this time next week.

Why can't people just be allowed to give their opinions on what is happening (be they positive or negative) without being criticized for doing that or being told the date on which their opinion acquires some validity?

Because this isnt the appropriate forum for such behaviour.

Oh. Wait.

Have KSV and P3te always been ITK? Seem to post with such certainty.
mines not ITK

Its made up nonsense :lol:[/quote

I'm far from itk. I'm just confident in Lambert. He's no fool. We have no left back. I think we have money to spend but randy doesn't want players on the books who are not wanted. Sell warnock before you buy a new left back. I think it will unravel late on. With Makoun leaving someone else will come in now. More players Lambert can get off the wage bill the better. If warnock Makoun Hutton leave.. imo 3 will come in. The problem isn't signing players.. it is selling the deadwood. He stated he had a list of players he wanted..I think their lined up.. just needs to make room. Warnock will goto sunderland or blackburn next week.. and we will sign Bennett or cresswell. Time will tell.

Why can't people just be allowed to give their opinions on what is happening (be they positive or negative) without being criticized for doing that or being told the date on which their opinion acquires some validity?
Because a lot of people are jumping to conclusions about our transfer activity when the window isn't even over yet.