General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

We've still had 3 great, fun seasons under Lerner and 2 shit ones which puts him in the positive just about. He came with a 5-year plan and I'd give him a 6/10 for it. I generally don't mind people making mistakes as sometimes you need to get things wrong to get them right in the long run and they do genuinely seem to be trying to fix the wage structure, have brought in a young vibrant manager with a footballing philosophy and revamped the scouting. We just need 3 more players in the next week and it will be incredibly frustrating if we don't manage it.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Lerner still get a free ride if we still have the same players after Aug 31st?

Problem: Because Doug was god-awful, we're now seeing a lack of ambition from the fans as Randy's mistakes were 'not as bad.' Without thinking that both last season and the one before, it took up to April to be safe from relegation.

No i think it's fair to say we are all happy with Paul Lambert, If it goes wrong now in my opinion the buck stops with no one else but Mr. Lerner.. Hopefully it won't come to that however. Surely we do need the squad beefing up a touch in a few area's but then against West ham there were plenty of good signs for me. Better football, new players looked strong by en large, controlled the game very well for long periods etc etc.. But we of course lacked penetration... This for me is the big test now... Is our current squad capable of rectifying that? I'm not so sure... Wasn't this the exact same issue last season? We all blamed AMC's tactics but is there an inability in the squad to do anything about it in actual fact?.. As it stands, after 1 game with a new football ideology & new manager/ players it appears to be the case!

We have bought new players... in defence, & in the midfield but notably, with the exception of Holman who did not rise to the occasion last week, we have done nothing to rectify the creative side of the team.. It's as it was last season but minus Heskey & Petrov!... The same players who were failing to create openings for Bent last season are basically failing again this time........ Surely this highlights the need for signings as clear as the light of day? Unless PL can work some magic & teach old dogs new tricks? ... Easier to replace them in my eyes.

Nobody that I know is doubting Lambert. All the anger, frustration, bile is firmly on Randy's plate. This is the man who came in promising a return to the good days and blowing his 'bright future' trumpet to anyone that'd listen

Sadly he's been found to be a man of unwanted amazing talents, such as grand incompetence and disappearing when the shit hits the fan.

Man up Randy

Nobody that I know is doubting Lambert. All the anger, frustration, bile is firmly on Randy's plate. This is the man who came in promising a return to the good days and blowing his 'bright future' trumpet to anyone that'd listen

Sadly he's been found to be a man of unwanted amazing talents, such as grand incompetence and disappearing when the shit hits the fan.

Man up Randy

3 top 6 finishes

League cup final

FA cup semi final

Paid for a team that was pretty much 60% of the England squad.

And being human, has made mistakes, financially and in management.

However we are not Rangers, Portsmouth or Leeds.

Having learnt from those mistakes is rebuilding the club once more, starting with hiring one of the best up and coming managers around.

So to be honest I dont think there is a hell of a lot to moan about anymore.

It just time to get behind the new begining, and stop moaning about the past.

3 top 6 finishes

League cup final

FA cup semi final

Having learnt from those mistakes is rebuilding the club once more, starting with hiring one of the best up and coming managers around.

Exactly :thumb:

3 top 6 finishes

League cup final

FA cup semi final

:thumb: Spot on mate, spot on.

Merse and co reckon sturridge is surplus to requirements, with avb ruling out a striker, everton and sunderland done in the strkiker buusiness, just leaves liverpool, not sure about newcastle but if we could somehow pull this off the optimism would be back, come on lerner get your wallet out! Yes one can dream....

Merse and co reckon sturridge is surplus to requirements, with avb ruling out a striker, everton and sunderland done in the strkiker buusiness, just leaves liverpool, not sure about newcastle but if we could somehow pull this off the optimism would be back, come on lerner get your wallet out! Yes one can dream....

Looking at what sort of striker both teams need it would make sense if Sturridge went to Liverpool and Carroll ended up here.

Just a theory.

3 top 6 finishes

... then let the manager go as he wouldn't go the extra bit needed to break the top 4 (sounds like Doug all over)

League cup final

... lost

FA cup semi final

... lost

and sold most of them at a profit without replacing them

brilliant stuff!

I see Robbie Savage is at it again.. on Footy Focus just saying he thinks we'll go down.. Says we only created 1 shot last week & ok we have Bent but other than that where are the goals & creativity?

We had five shots in the first thirty minutes. They weren't on target admittedly, after last season it was probably the shock of seeing the opposition goal at all, but we still had the shots.

On another day they'll be on target but first we have to get the players used to not being afraid to have a shot.

It was never going to be an instant fix and it'll need more than one competitive game after the McLeish season to get us playing the way Lambert wants us.

I saw Jay Spearing linked with a £3m move to Bolton. He likes a tackle and his work-rate is great, is young and hungry. At first I thought he was a bit of a joke basically because he's a Scouser but he grew on me a bit the more I saw him play and he could be a good partner for El Ahmadi. Also what do people think of Ruben Rochina at Blackburn? He might be a nice foil for Bent from the limited amount I've seen of him.

He'd want more than 25k a week and would cost more than 3m

I saw Jay Spearing linked with a £3m move to Bolton. He likes a tackle and his work-rate is great, is young and hungry. At first I thought he was a bit of a joke basically because he's a Scouser but he grew on me a bit the more I saw him play and he could be a good partner for El Ahmadi. Also what do people think of Ruben Rochina at Blackburn? He might be a nice foil for Bent from the limited amount I've seen of him.

Spearing is awful.