General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get benayoun in on loan for the year.

Was just thinking this myself after it was mentioned on ESPN that he is nowhere near the 1st team squad ATM.

We have to try something like this, we need inspiration!

Does anyone think part of the deal of getting Lambert was he couldn't sign any of their players.

Only saying that as someone who really impressed me last season was Anthony Pilkington. Wide player but can also come inside. Scores goals and has a decent cross.

I'd say he's a realistic signing who'd improve us, would say he'd cost 5-6m.

Watching the game today it's clear we lack quaitly all over the pitch, we have a first team made of squad players. Everton were stonger is every department.

We need a minimum of four players who can walk straight into the first team and improve it, priority has got to be a DM and a wide player who can delver a decent ball. Young and hungry might sound great we need a couple of players who are the finished article and provide some experience.

Only player that looked any good today was KEA. There needs to be some serious activity this week or Lily Savage might well be proved right!

Does anyone think part of the deal of getting Lambert was he couldn't sign any of their players.

Only saying that as someone who really impressed me last season was Anthony Pilkington. Wide player but can also come inside. Scores goals and has a decent cross.

I'd say he's a realistic signing who'd improve us, would say he'd cost 5-6m.

I think he said in one of his interviews that if he went back to Norwich for players they would quote him ridiculous prices, so basically it's a no-go.

We really need to go out and get Carroll in. If it means playing hoofball until we settle into the season then so be it.

If investment on players turns out to be quite small then I do wonder what motivated Lambert to take the job. Surely he would have been told how much is available to spend and also would have known the squad was lacking serious quality. He might get a great pay job from this job but he's reputation as a manager could be severely dented if things don't improve significantly.

If investment on players turns out to be quite small then I do wonder what motivated Lambert to take the job. Surely he would have been told how much is available to spend and also would have known the squad was lacking serious quality. He might get a great pay job from this job but he's reputation as a manager could be severely dented if things don't improve significantly.

I'd also question his sanity for spending £3m on Lowton if he knew money was so tight. There's just something really odd about what's going on. I still think logically there is money to spend but my confidence is waning.

Thats simple, money. We pay him much more than Norwich. Also I dont think he realised just how bollocks all our academy products actually are and how **** lazy our high paid pros actually are.

The following players are not good enough and need to be sold:

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

N'Zogbia

Bannan

Holman

Delph

Ireland

Herd

Makoun

Delfouneso

Maybe that would clear up the wage bill sufficiently enough for Lerner to pull his finger out and let Lambert spend some money. Our midfield is so woefully inept it is laughable.

Do you think it's too late to get a refund on my season ticket!?!

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years now and as much as I love Villa, I don't think I can put up with this shit anymore. Today was an absolute embarrassment. Was Lerner there to witness this? Surely even that clueless **** can see that we are shit and the squad needs alot of rebuilding!!! The wage bill was high and he wanted to make cuts, that's fine BUT he still has to pump money in. The man has just gained about 700 million. Surely he can find 20-30 million for Lambert! I'm not asking for Man City mega millions but we NEED to spend immediately otherwise we are ****. If he is worried about finances now, I'd love to see his reaction next season when we are in the Championship! Mourinho or Guardiola couldn't save this squad. How Lambert is expected to is baffling. Lerner has six days to help Lambert save our season after only two games played! The clock is ticking!

Ok, a revised list...

OUT - Warnock, Hutton, Delfouneso,

IN - Poulsen, Douglas, N'Zonzi, Phillips, Ince, Carroll.

It's that serious.

Maybe look to use Bannan to get the Blackpool pair.

we wont get Ince,Phillips or Carroll.

would get in Poulsen,Douglas,N'Zonzi,Rhodes,Bennayoun(loan),Joe Cole(loan)

out - warnock,hutton,bannan,delfonesou

The following players are not good enough and need to be sold:

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

N'Zogbia

Bannan

Holman

Delph

Ireland

Herd

Makoun

Delfouneso

Maybe that would clear up the wage bill sufficiently enough for Lerner to pull his finger out and let Lambert spend some money. Our midfield is so woefully inept it is laughable.

Trouble is, to sell you need a buyer, who is daft enough to take that lot on with the wages they are on.....mostly fit for the Champioship but on Prem wages

Can't believe people are still talking about bringing players in.

Its clear we need to.

I can see players coming in but not the quality we need, I can see one or two £3/4m type players and we need quality, players who can fit right in.

Lerner has to go...

Players will come in.

The worry I have is getting someone like Cresswell in from Ipswich. They conceded 6 at Ipswich and he scored an own goal. Really concerned if it's him and Lowton as our first choice full backs this season.

I think we need a couple of young players but who have actually made an impact in the premier league. Two I'd have loved us to have been in for but went to other clubs were Diame and Junior Holliet. Pilkington is one I'd look at again before the window. Maybe even Dawson from Spurs as I don't fancy this defence against teams that play the high ball against us.