• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need..

Width and pace on the flanks

A ball winner in the middle

A striker who can hold the ball up

A left back who can both produce good attacking runs and also not fail defensively

A defender who is not a liability alongside Vaar

A goalkeeper who does not fumble

We cannot afford to buy these.

Can I just ask which player's we've lost this summer without replacing that has got everyone so worried? If McLeish can keep this team in the premier league I'm very confident Lambert can as well. Yes it would be great to get a few more signing's but we will stay up either way IMO.

Let's remember the window hasn't shut yet as well.

Seems that he wasn't transfered after all.

Michael Dawson has dug his heels in and is refusing to leave Tottenham. The 28-year-old is determined to do everything he can to defy Andre-Villas Boas' wishes and stay and fight for his place.

Queens Park Rangers have had an £8 million-plus offer for Dawson accepted [by Spurs], but he has not agreed to personal terms and is reluctant to make the move across London.

It does not take a football genius to see that we need players badly,it is there for all to see,Randy knows we have to buy.

If he does not spend then the team will go down plain as that.

On that note expect some transfers but not marquee ones!

I hope (and this might just be naive optimism) that today's result has shown what needs to be done in the remaining week of the transfer window.

I understand that wages have to be taken into consideration, but we could seriously be looking at a proper relegation scrap this time - literally sitting in the bottom 3 for the majority of the season, unless we bring in at least 3 or 4 players of decent quality.

Randy, it's over to you my friend........

we need much better in midfield, everton dominated there today. their players can tackle and break up play, move forward to support the strikers, shoot and score from range, create and accurately pass the ball.

our midfield spent the game chasing the ball, and then when we got it had bannan smash an aimless long pass or have nzogbia run it out of play. the only one to show something was KEA (who i thought looked decent last week as well).

midfield is such a key area, yet ours is pathetic. it doesn't protect the defense and it doesn't support the forwards.

I totally agree. Our midfield is so poor its untrue. We used to have Barry, Young, Milner and Petrov and today we have sod all of their equal. Forget strikers because unless we can improve our midfield we are in huge trouble.