General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has to be some show of intent from the board now.

2 weeks in a row, we've struggled both in attack and defence.

4 players is a minimum

LB - felt for Baker today, not a natural LB and unfortunately has CNZ in front of him for 'protection'.....

DM - someone big, strong and can read the game

Winger - just so we can stop playing CNZ

Striker - A big unit to hold up the ball and play Bent and midfield into the attack.

DM is a must. Absolute priority. Id even bring Reo Coker back at the right price.. we need some steel.

I hope PL has someone better than Reo in mind.. but if we get desperate.. better than nothing. Herd Bannan l have had chances next to El Ahmadi and dont look good at all. We need more steel to protect the back four.

Left back is a must. Striker with a bit of presence and two wingers are also needed for width.. better crossing and set pieces. Id also bring in another CB to partner Vlaar

I trust PL in his choices so far, all three of his signings have looked alright and so has Holmann.

Sadly, he's having to rely of the legacies left by AMc, Houllier and MON.

I just hope he gets the green light to spend.

I know we're wary of players being overpriced but we're desperate for reinforcements.

Ireland should have been on the pitch today instead of Bannan/Nzogbia.

We also need another winger/midfielder (creative) along with DM, ST and LB, possibly even a new CB

too true...

Will it happen?? We've got 6 days to sort our shit out!

we need much better in midfield, everton dominated there today. their players can tackle and break up play, move forward to support the strikers, shoot and score from range, create and accurately pass the ball.

our midfield spent the game chasing the ball, and then when we got it had bannan smash an aimless long pass or have nzogbia run it out of play. the only one to show something was KEA (who i thought looked decent last week as well).

midfield is such a key area, yet ours is pathetic. it doesn't protect the defense and it doesn't support the forwards.