General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Anyone would think the transfer window had already shut!

It shut for Aston Villa about a month ago.

It doesn't matter how long it's open for - when there is no money to spend, when the owner couldn't give a shit anymore - it really doesn't matter.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the reason why Villa didn't go for Adam Johnson is that he still gets about 100k salary...half of which is still paid by Man City and that makes new problem when his contract runs out - we would've either had to sell him to someone who can pay his salary or let go for free unless he'd take paycut.

Looking forward to next week.

1) We know there is money available for transfers

2) We know we have high earners that can free up wages for new players when we get rid of them

3) We know that Lambert wants to create his team, thus he needs new players to achieve that

4) Lambert has made decent signings so far (good: Vlaar and El Ahmadi, ok: Lowton)

Even if there is money for signings (for the record, I think there is a small amount - a single players worth. And not a particularly expensive one), it will not be enough to shore up this side. We need more like 4/5/6 players. We might be lucky and get 2, and I'd wager that'd include a loan.

Bit fed up of the above negative stuff . are we getting behind the villa or not ?

What is there to be positive about?

believe in the manager ,lucky he came here !

Nothing he can do with a shit team mate. If you can't see we are in trouble with the squad we currently have, then ill have what you're drinking.

Bit fed up of the above negative stuff . are we getting behind the villa or not ?

The fans are well behind the team when they are on the pitch, they were today from the start, you could tell the fans wanted to help the lads on, but it is a two way thing. The fans tried, but got nothing back from the players. There are a lot of negatives to discuss right now after the first two matches, no point papering over the cracks. There hasn't exactly been any big signals to the fans that we are going to improve the squad considerably next week, something that is needed to help avoid what could be a disaster this season. Right now, the squad is just, well, shite basically.

Basically I look at every villa line - and see how many home growns (i can't call 23 yr olds kids) are in it - if its more than 2 - I know when we are in for a rough afternoon.

Today I think there were six - no academy can produce that amount of premiership players ....and if you weren't there today ..be warned that Everton missed a hatful of chances 1-3 doesn't really tell the difference in class.

What is there to be positive about?

Signings next week.

30iuszp.jpg

Those who do not believe there will be signings next week, and then in the January window and then next summer, so that Lambert can create his side and not play Houllier and McLeish's side, are on the wrong planet.

Richard was critical to Lerner three years ago and asked him to spend or sell. We all laughed at him, and has only turned against Lerner the last season. Well, now Richard is happy, as he obviously either know Lambert or knows someone who knows Lambert well, and he is saying there are a lot of cash to be spent.

Good times, indeed.

PS. As usual, the average guy still do not see this and will be very excited in the end of next week. That is when I will not raise any eyebrow, because it will just fit in with everything.