General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The penny finally drops for one or two.

Let's hope come Tuesday, Lambert has money and the charisma to attract a decent player or two.

Enjoy your two days off now lads, what a brilliant pre season and start to the season you've had.

Yep, was at the game, it was very poor, especially the first half, absolute garbage that.

Here's the problem, it's the midfield, it lacks any sort of attacking quality, and with Bent's game that essentially renders us down to 10 men as Bent isn't a pressure forward like Gabby.

We need attacking quality, it's as simple as that, and signing the likes of Jordan Rhodes isn't going to help, in fact looking to the lower leagues IMO isn't a good idea as I'm not sure there's a huge amount down there that could do much for us right now.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert after his side's 3-1 home defeat to Everton: "I know it's a huge job here. We are trying everything to sort it out. For every negative there's a positive and at least we didn't capitulate.

"Will there be any new signings? We'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few days. It's a really young side and sometimes you need a bit of help

Well that sounds promising .... :twisted:

Collymore said on talksport on the way back. "it's ok playing a few youth players when you have a solid experienced team around them"

Get your finger out Randy. No point waiting till January and panic buying again.

Ince could be our new Young.

I think everybody is agreed that we need players desperately, good ones, or we'll struggle massively.

I think PL will have learnt a great deal from today with the likes of N'Zogbia and Bannan. I think we need 5 but if we only bring in two then it has to be a creative wide player and a left back.

Ince could be our new Young.

I think everybody is agreed that we need players desperately, good ones, or we'll struggle massively.

I think PL will have learnt a great deal from today with the likes of N'Zogbia and Bannan. I think we need 5 but if we only bring in two then it has to be a creative wide player and a left back.