General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Maybe Randy should sell up, to Morgan, kenwright , the venkys or maybe even good old Carson from Hong Kong because it's all so easy pump millions into a club isn't it?

Maybe you should look at the accounts and see how much our chairman has put it before talking nonsense.

As i keep saying, it matters not how much money he's put in if he keeps making shocking decisions which almost relegate the club.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=3280501

Just read this. Apparently the guy is pretty spot on with his info.

Thought it was interesting because I have been following Bennett on twitter when I heard we might be after him a few weeks back. Then saw today out of nowhere he said he would be deleting his twitter for a while, and thought it might be to avoid abuse if he makes the move, although admittedly that could be a massive coincidence.

The only thing is I do not think he would start right away because I know he has been coming back from a knee problem and has not played yet in preseason, actually meant to be returning soon. Maybe Villa have been monitoring his progress towards fitness, idk tbh.

As i keep saying, it matters not how much money he's put in if he keeps making shocking decisions which almost relegate the club.

I respectfully disagree.

It is one thing to make mistakes. It is another thing entirely to fail to learn from them.

- He took a risk giving MON too much control and letting the wage bill get out of control. He has learned from that.

- He took a risk in appointing a manager to change things up that had health problems. He has learned from that.

- He took a risk in appointing a manager that was known for dire football on the recommendation of another Premier League manager. He has learned from that.

So how does that compare to owners of other clubs? To Blackburn? To Liverpool?

I havent seen too much of Bennett or Cresswell... however based on reaction from fans. Seems Cresswell would be the better buy.. he scored again in their latest game too. Ipswich fans seemed gutted he could have been leaving.. where as Boro fans dont seem to be too bothered by it. I know its not much.. but if we were losing Bent as apposed to Hutton.. you can generally tell whos the good player (providing you knew fark all about them).

Either way.. im sure their both decent enough. Cheaper/More available may be the option if theres not much between them.

I respectfully disagree.

?

I'm sorry how can you disagree with that statement? Are you saying you want him to almost relegate the club through bad decisions?

As for the rest, I don't know wether Randy has learned from his mistakes yet. He's made a managerial appointment that most Villa fans wanted granted, but we are still paying for his old mistakes to know wether history will repeat itself.

Just been weighing up this transfer window thus far

IN

KEA

Holman

Lowton

Vlaar

Guzan (Return)

OUT

Cuellar

Heskey

Collins

Guzan

Makoun (by the looks)

Effectively lost Petrov

That's effectively 5 in & 5 out if you include the loss of Petrov. Then by all accounts Makoun is finally off too which would make 6 outs.

I am very happy with the new players & they do look decent, however the concern has to be that when compared to the players who have departed they are effectively rookies in the Premiership. So really we have lost some of our most seasoned campaigners, especially with Heskey, Collins, Petrov & Cuellar only to have replaced them with unknown quantities who will surely need time to adjust etc?

Does anyone else think this is rather risky?

Add to that the loss of Gabby & Dunne & it's pretty scary stuff. The only really experienced players we have left are Bent, Warnock, Given, Nzogbia & Ireland.. All bar Bent & SI players who have hardly set the World on fire lately.

Then we have the young players who are still learning their craft in Clark, Bannan, Delph, Guzan, Herd, Lichaj, Baker, etc etc & the new signings who are basically untried.

The first 6 games are crucial so far as i'm concerned as we are severely lacking experience.

I see an interesting season ahead but with a few hidings along the way.. Another couple of signings are crucial in my opinion & our season hinges on how well & how quickly the new signings adapt as well as how well the youngsters progress..

Many VTers attend the fan forum with Lambert? I thought it was good. Some funny comments from Lambert too! My favourite was probably when a fan thanked him for realising that Hutton and Warnock are shit, to which Lambert replied "I'm just trying to do what's best for the team" ha ha! He was also asked about Makoun, to which he replied "who?" and said that he doesn't even know what Makoun looks like. Then he said "if you put him in a sat nav you still wouldn't find him".

I am very happy with the new players & they do look decent, however the concern has to be that when compared to the players who have departed they are effectively rookies in the Premiership. So really we have lost some of our most seasoned campaigners, especially with Heskey, Collins, Petrov & Cuellar only to have replaced them with unknown quantities who will surely need time to adjust etc?

Does anyone else think this is rather risky?

Personally I think that the players brought are all almost premiership ready when we brought them (and that's why we brought them)? Stan aside, the only first team starter from last season we have lost is Collins and not many of us thought he was good enough anyway. KEA and Vlaar are custom made hard men ideal for us and Holman will provide some thing different in midfield i.e. hard work! We need a central defender to replace CC and a striker to cover Bent and I am sure PL sees this but with Bannan and Ireland thriving under PL then maybe a midfielder is not so urgent.

Thanks. I love the comments. Always had a soft spot for boro. They sound just like us, half want to kick him out of the club and half want their young player to stay and develop.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Thanks. I love the comments. Always had a soft spot for boro. They sound just like us, half want to kick him out of the club and half want their young player to stay and develop.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

lol. I hope boro come up next season. Their fans are always good for a laff and some pretty funny chants.

I respectfully disagree.

?

I'm sorry how can you disagree with that statement? Are you saying you want him to almost relegate the club through bad decisions?

As for the rest, I don't know wether Randy has learned from his mistakes yet. He's made a managerial appointment that most Villa fans wanted granted, but we are still paying for his old mistakes to know wether history will repeat itself.

Grow up.

We nearly got relegated last year, that's once out of his six years at the club and down almost solely IMO to the wrong managerial appointment.

We all hire the wrong people sometimes in all walks of life, you cannot get it roght every time.

Perhaps when you're old enough to have a full time job you'll understand this a little better

I havent heard anyone say bring back Doug

But even the biggest optimist would have trouble convincing me that we've gone forward on the pitch at all under Randy. Mainly because we clearly haven't

We have off it, in terms of revenue, but you'd be hard pressed to fail on that side of things considering how much the TV income has gone up by

But even the biggest optimist would have trouble convincing me that we've gone forward on the pitch at all under Randy. Mainly because we clearly haven't

We have off it, in terms of revenue, but you'd be hard pressed to fail on that side of things considering how much the TV income has gone up by

Have to agree, on the pitch, where it matters we haven't progressed as a club after being sold. Which considering how much hatred there was for doug makes it so strange that so many are happy to just accept what ever Lerner serves up.

Doug's last summer transfer window, where he was hated by villa fans, where the majority were desperate for him to leave, where once again he was criticised for his lack of ambition, our net spend on transfer fees for players was around £7.5 million.

Our current net spend for this window is around £5.7 million.

i still think we will be involved in a deadline day scramble over Carroll on loan with maybe a 10m end of season fee (taking the downing payment into account)...

there are still many moves to be made by clubs which will start to unclog the transfer pipes

Have to agree, on the pitch, where it matters we haven't progressed as a club after being sold. Which considering how much hatred there was for doug makes it so strange that so many are happy to just accept what ever Lerner serves up.

Doug's last summer transfer window, where he was hated by villa fans, where the majority were desperate for him to leave, where once again he was criticised for his lack of ambition, our net spend on transfer fees for players was around £7.5 million.

Our current net spend for this window is around £5.7 million.

Again with the Doug stuff, why?

We won the european cup in 82, why are we not challenging for that this season?

Makes about as much sense as banging on about Doug.