General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

There are about 14 of the first team squad that simply are not good enough for the premier league and that number is way too high. having no defence and a dodgy midfield means we are always going to struggle

I'm sure a lot of people said the same thing about the Norwich players when they came up.

there are always teams that perform well when they first come up. the second season is always best when to look at promoted teams. norwich will go down this season.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makoun to Rennes for £6m all over Twitter. No official sources mind.

if we got 6m for him i would be amazed. i would suspect 2m at the most. what has he done since we had him, apart from being as successful at hiding as bin laden?

Won the greek league - that would make him a tasty signing for the french league.

Anyone think this will result in a signing for Villa?
Well whatever it does, it certainly puts to bed the notion that we won't sell or buy a single player before the window shuts :mrgreen:

Anyone think this will result in a signing for Villa?
Well whatever it does, it certainly puts to bed the notion that we won't sell or buy a single player before the window shuts :mrgreen:

Which is quite a ridiculous notion really :winkold:

That 2-6m (whatever it is) will probably go to fuel Randy's jet up for another year rather than transfers

Or he'll add it to the money he's been sat on since last summer

Ulver your inane moaning and bitching about all things Villa is starting to get a bit tedious.

That 2-6m (whatever it is) will probably go to fuel Randy's jet up for another year rather than transfers

Or he's just watched the money he's been "sat on" get pissed away on wages. I know that's also his fault but it's not as if he isn't putting money into the club, is it?

Let's just wait and see what happens. If we don't sign any new players once old players have left I shall completely agree with your point of view.

What money has he been sat on?

From PL's comments last night it seems clear that Clark is very rated as a centre half which will explain why we have been happy to let two go and bring only one in.

Very possibly. I think PL will definitely prioritise a LB and a winger now.

Remember when Doug used to get mocked when including things like wages when talking about the money he spent?

Right. YOU are Doug Ellis and I claim my £5.

We're glad you sold up you miserable old bastard - now do one.

(But if you want to mug off Abromovich like you did that glorious day when we beat Chelsea - you can sit in the stands and not say anything.)