• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compensation paid to MON

Compensation paid to houllier, g-mac and the rest of the staff

Compensation paid to Birmingham city

Compensation paid to Mcleish and his staff

Lower money from the premiership for 9th and 16th place finishes

It seems to be forgotten when defending Lerner not spending much on the team.

A Billionaire who has just sold one of his fathers companies for another Billion dollars..... Just saying.

given its not him whos made all the money, but you dont get rich by spending wrecklessly and as much as we might want to belive that aston villa should be as important to him as it is to some of us here, it might not be.

manage expectations. i think well see the proper investment when its suitable.

I know, I was merely making a point. Mr Lerner has money. Half of those compensations packages we have paid shouldn't have bloody happened in the first instance.

I am proud of the way the business is run and I don't want us falling into some sort of trap that Rangers got themselves into for example. That would be frigging gutting to say the very least. We might one day be hit with the news that Lerner wants to sell Aston Villa as well, but I trust it will be to people who also want us to do well and be financially sound.

But while the money is there, I would have expected a little more action this window to insure we are set for the season. Maybe we are going to build slowly, who knows...

I'm still not convinced, I'm more cynical as I get older. At this stage we are worse both on and off the pitch when Lerner took over. I don't see an awful lot to look forward to other than midtable finished ala most of Dougs reign in the Premier league. I hope I'm wrong. I don't hate Lerner at all unlike Ellis, he seems an amiable chap, he tried, but his mistakes have essentily put the club in no where land.

I may have my maths all wrong so I'll apologise in advance if I'm wrong.

But having a look on soccerbase.

Over Doug's last 3 years at the club our net spend on players was around £22 million

Our last 3 summers under Lerner our net spend on players is around -£13 million.

Just wondering when this serious lack of investment in the squad becomes an issue?

Over Doug's last 3 years at the club our net spend on players was around £22 million

Our last 3 summers under Lerner our net spend on players is around -£13 million.

Just wondering when this serious lack of investment in the squad becomes an issue?

Are you including the January 2011 transfer window in that as well?

The ast 3 years under Lerner our net spend on players is around -£13 million.

Are you including the January 2011 transfer window in that as well?

Yep. The Bent transfer is included in this.

That's an unfair comparison. How many managers did Doug have in those final 3 years? How many managers has Lerner had in his final 3 and how much have they had to spend?

Very interesting if accurate.

I know, I was merely making a point. Mr Lerner has money. Half of those compensations packages we have paid shouldn't have bloody happened in the first instance.

I am proud of the way the business is run and I don't want us falling into some sort of trap that Rangers got themselves into for example. That would be frigging gutting to say the very least. We might one day be hit with the news that Lerner wants to sell Aston Villa as well, but I trust it will be to people who also want us to do well and be financially sound.

But while the money is there, I would have expected a little more action this window to insure we are set for the season. Maybe we are going to build slowly, who knows...

thats true, theres been some compensation packages that has gone out which could have been avoided. just goes to show running a business and a football club is verry different.

i think theres a long way to go before we end up as Rangers did and lerner selling the browns could be a sign he wants to get out of sports completely and it could be for a million different reasons.

whos to say theres not going to be more action though? there was a big IF in lamberts interview which alot of people seem to have ignored, its easy to always expect the worst. Now with the signs of makoun going there will hopefully be a bit more space in the wages, and if we can get rid of hutton and warnock even more so.

I believe it is.

Also Dougs last 3 years - 6th, 10th, 16th

Lerner - 6th, 9th, 16th

Yep - Dougs last 3 seasons was with 1 manager who took us full circle with investment....Lerners last 3, with 3 different managers who got worse and worse in ability and then he paid out the arse to bring them in and then get rid of them...

So what about the 3 summers before that then?

No ones going to deny Lerner spent when he first came, even though it was at a level that couldn't be sustained and we clearly had different ambitions to what we have now.

I just thought it was interesting to look at the period when the ambition and targets changed under Lerner and compare it to the final period of doug.

Attitude towards both and acceptance of what was going on seem to be completely different though.

The club has massive debts and is worse than when Randy took over, he's essentially piss £100 million up a wall.

out of curiousity, where does this number come from?

The team and the accounts.

I believe it is.

Also Dougs last 3 years - 6th, 10th, 16th

Lerner - 6th, 9th, 16th

Not really that interesting when you remember that we only had one manager in Doug's last three years whereas there has been a different manager each season in Randy's most recent three years.

Our net spend from today to MON's last season is £9,300,000, would be more had the fee for Hutton and Stevens been disclosed.

Where did you get your figures from?

Just checked again on soccerbase and can't see that from the summer MoN left to now.