General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

That 2-6m (whatever it is) will probably go to fuel Randy's jet up for another year rather than transfers

Or he'll add it to the money he's been sat on since last summer

Ulver your inane moaning and bitching about all things Villa is starting to get a bit tedious.

Well ignore me then. That's how i feel, you don't have to agree and I genuinely don't care if you do or not.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 2-6m (whatever it is) will probably go to fuel Randy's jet up for another year rather than transfers

What money has he been sat on?

The vast majority of the 45m we banked from the sales of Young, Downing and other fringe players last summer

The vast majority of the 45m we banked from the sales of Young, Downing and other fringe players last summer

Leaving a grand total of -£9m when set against the clubs £54m operating loss.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but just because you bring money in from a transfer does not mean you have to inherently spend it on more transfers. Anyways, why would Randy choose to sit on his money, surely it would be better earning interest in the bank? However, if true, he really is the bad businessman we all paint him as!

So you're telling Me that Randy's been sat on -£9m?!?! The greedy bastard!!

So you're telling Me that Randy's been sat on -£9m?!?! The greedy bastard!!

I know! What a word removed of an owner wanting the business he owns to, you know, make money :shock:

Oh right, that's a new way of looking at transfer ins and outs!

It was never looked at like that under Doug

Poor old Randy, i do feel sorry for him running up a 54m operating loss. Not that any of that was his doing of course. Myabe he should sell off the remaining decent players and clear it once and for all

Not that you'd mind of course

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but just because you bring money in from a transfer does not mean you have to inherently spend it on more transfers.

Yeah why would you want to replace good players with good players?

Makes no sense.

As long as we are on the same page.

Douganomics I think it was referred to, while calling him piss pants and wanting him desperately to sell up. Oh and that's over a period of time when our net spend was positive, unlike the last few years under Lerner.

Forgive me, who is responsible for the clubs operating loss?

I apologise for being antagonistic but this doesn't sit right with me.

Poor old Randy, i do feel sorry for him running up a 54m operating loss. Not that any of that was his doing of course. Myabe he should sell off the remaining decent players and clear it once and for all

Let me play Devil's advocate here for a second...do you know how much we have actually gotten from the sales of players such as Young and Downing. Because call me crazy, I would not be surprised if those fees were paid in installments or a small portion up front, with the rest at a remaining date. Do you know for a fact, we certainly have all this cash in hand?

Well know its not really a "new way" of looking at anything.

I'm not absolving Randy of any blame for the clubs financial situation, he is ultimately responsible for that, but equally, better surely that he steps in and sorts it out rather than "doing a Leeds?"

Of course, when you look at who has gone out, and who has come in, you will notice that the wage bill has shrunk considerably - so I would imagine a we stand a good chance of turning a profit this season.

Randy is - as said in a further reply to Ulver.

But you can't accuse him of "sitting on" £45m in transfer sales and not investing anymore whilst the business he owns loses £54m. If we were turning a profit I would be arguing alongside you for more investment and that £45m to be put back into the playing staff. But we're not. So I'm not.

This maybe for another thread and time but I cannot believe the revisionism going on here.

While Doug was certainly not the devil incarnate, and those that said they'd piss on his grave should be ashamed, he was certainly abject.

For me it wasn't the dismantling of the European Cup winning side and the subsequent relegation that shortly followed, but it was his inability to see what the Premier League could be. Him, Bates and Edwards were a massive part in forming the Premier League but he had no idea how to exploit it. We have been well and truely left behind. That is Doug's true legacy. Not the horros of the 80's, the inability to sign Sherringham, the spunking of double what our manager valued Cascerino instead or the decay that set in post 2000. His corner shop mentality.

The idea that Randy is being compared to Doug is laughable. Short memories and shit arguments.

Douganomics I think it was referred to, while calling him piss pants and wanting him desperately to sell up. Oh and that's over a period of time when our net spend was positive, unlike the last few years under Lerner.

If you insist on bring Doug up every thread, i'll insist on asking the same question.

Why dont you expect us to be winning for the european cup like in 82?

Football changes, when Doug was around is was completely different and is a little pathetic and desperate attempt as a stick to beat Lerner with.

Randy is - as said in a further reply to Ulver.

But you can't accuse him of "sitting on" £45m in transfer sales and not investing anymore whilst the business he owns loses £54m. If we were turning a profit I would be arguing alongside you for more investment and that £45m to be put back into the playing staff. But we're not. So I'm not.

I'm not necessarily arguing for further re-investment if it's not there - far from it. I'm just making the point that the people who are expressing concern/doubt/general negativity about Lerner's ability to run a successful club might have some grounds for doing so.

But he's appointed the right man now, let's hope we can make some more astute signings this window and the next, and do it the old-fashioned way!