General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Lambert said at the forum he would like to bring in a winger and a forward.

I must have missed that, I didn't hear him say this.

Well his words are he wants to improve the service to Bent with Albrighton out, which I assume translate into he wants a winger. He didn't promise anything though, only if a player with the right attitude and enthusiasm is available is when he will make a move.

Paul Lambert said at the forum he would like to bring in a winger and a forward.

Ive always had a hunch (not claiming to be ITK) that Lambo wouldn't fancy NZOG - If hes after another winger i reckon nzog could be shifted on to finance any deal -

Lambert will be backed, he is the right manager and will backed. That has not changed since the day he was appointed

Yeah after the deadwood is removed..

Do you want the deadwood to stay then?

It's a bit of a viscous circle really, we don't have the money because we don't generate enough income on a matchday through crowds not being high enough and the ticket prices we charge being lower than average. The only way to get more people through the gates willing to pay a higher ticket price is by entertaining them more with better players and more attacking football.

Lambert will be backed, he is the right manager and will backed. That has not changed since the day he was appointed

Totally agree with you on that assertion Richard.

I'm not ITK but I just could not see him coming without some very clear assurances.

As ever many posters on VT fail to see the glass so can't decide whether its half empty or half full.

Yeah after the deadwood is removed..

Do you want the deadwood to stay then?

What deadwood is there though ?

Hutton, Warnock - 2 duff players granted - but every club carry's a couple of duffers - your never going to have an entire squad of good players on form - every manager will sign players who don't work out.

I hope your right about Lambert being backed - but personally I don't see it.

im staying causiusly(sp?) optimistic!

i dont think it would be feasible to build a whole new squad at once anyways, there has to be some part of the team which has played together before that "knows" each other. One or two more players is enough for me i think, and should be enough for a resonable finish with the outlook of signing some more maybe in january or in the next summer window, when the squad has been properly tried out under pressure. Its a big difference trying players out in pre season compared to how they will perform during the season

Let's see if we can go until the end of the transfer window without trying to guess who we will sign, or saying who has said what in one of the supermarket chains, and only if a bid is confirmed or if a deal is done, should we talk about transfers?

Starting....... now....

It's a bit of a viscous circle really, we don't have the money because we don't generate enough income on a matchday through crowds not being high enough and the ticket prices we charge being lower than average. The only way to get more people through the gates willing to pay a higher ticket price is by entertaining them more with better players and more attacking football.

I thought we had the 7th highest income in the league.

Let's see if we can go until the end of the transfer window without trying to guess who we will sign, or saying who has said what in one of the supermarket chains, and only if a bid is confirmed or if a deal is done, should we talk about transfers?

Starting....... now....

if that would have been done from the start this thread would have been 2 pages long.. tops

Compensation paid to MON

Compensation paid to houllier, g-mac and the rest of the staff

Compensation paid to Birmingham city

Compensation paid to Mcleish and his staff

Lower money from the premiership for 9th and 16th place finishes

It seems to be forgotten when defending Lerner not spending much on the team.

Compensation paid to MON

A Billionaire who has just sold one of his fathers companies for another Billion dollars..... Just saying.

Compensation paid to MON

A Billionaire who has just sold one of his fathers companies for another Billion dollars..... Just saying.

given its not him whos made all the money, but you dont get rich by spending wrecklessly and as much as we might want to belive that aston villa should be as important to him as it is to some of us here, it might not be.

manage expectations. i think well see the proper investment when its suitable.