General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

there are still many moves to be made by clubs which will start to unclog the transfer pipes

The Euros coupled with The Olympics have really slowed this one down, I expect a flurry of activity in the coming weeks. That being said International friendlys are hardly going to help proceedings.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent heard anyone say bring back Doug

But even the biggest optimist would have trouble convincing me that we've gone forward on the pitch at all under Randy. Mainly because we clearly haven't

We have off it, in terms of revenue, but you'd be hard pressed to fail on that side of things considering how much the TV income has gone up by

Have to agree, on the pitch, where it matters we haven't progressed as a club after being sold. Which considering how much hatred there was for doug makes it so strange that so many are happy to just accept what ever Lerner serves up.

Doug's last summer transfer window, where he was hated by villa fans, where the majority were desperate for him to leave, where once again he was criticised for his lack of ambition, our net spend on transfer fees for players was around £7.5 million.

Our current net spend for this window is around £5.7 million.

To be fair the comparison is hugely disingenuous. Randy has invested a huge sum of money into the club, not just on the playing staff, but facilities and infrastructure.

Undoubtably he has made mistakes (2 managerial appointments and letting MON run up the most disgraceful wagebill in the PL bar Leeds Utd, but I would still take him every day of the week over deadly.

There is still 2.5 weeks of transfer window to go, I would expect we will improve significantly on the £5.7m you have quoted at present.

Bring back Doug. Some people have short memories or are simply **** stupid. Maybe it's fishing. Idiot.

You and CI are some bellends I tell's ya.

WTF ? Grow up

Ignore it mate, the forum is full of kid's and their childish antics at the moment.

I don't think I've ever known anyone on here who always has to have the last post in a debate more than you.

I don't care about arguing with you over who is more to blame about MoN leaving. It's a discussion that has taken place more than enough on this forum and has nothing to do with this thread, this summer, our spending and the comparison I made with our net spend.

This will be my last post on this so you can respond, have the last post on the matter and sleep happy.

Seconded.

Bring back Doug. Some people have short memories or are simply **** stupid. Maybe it's fishing. Idiot.

You and CI are some bellends I tell's ya.

WTF ? Grow up

Ignore it mate, the forum is full of kid's and their childish antics at the moment.

( o Y o )

don't know what you mean?

p.s. bennett link is interesting, still nothing even vaguely concrete though ay?

Yeah nothing concrete. Its all rumour at the moment. If Makoun does leave then I imagine we will get someone in. Apparently PL wants a wide player - I would take any of the following - Zaha, Phillips, Johnson, Whittingham

I don't think I've ever known anyone on here who always has to have the last post in a debate more than you.

I don't care about arguing with you over who is more to blame about MoN leaving. It's a discussion that has taken place more than enough on this forum and has nothing to do with this thread, this summer, our spending and the comparison I made with our net spend.

This will be my last post on this so you can respond, have the last post on the matter and sleep happy.

Seconded.

Such sweet, sweet irony :lol:

Seconded.

Such sweet, sweet irony :lol:

I was actually agreeing with his point on MON. :lol:

Just been weighing up this transfer window thus far

IN

KEA

Holman

Lowton

Vlaar

Guzan (Return)

OUT

Cuellar

Heskey

Collins

Guzan

Makoun (by the looks)

Effectively lost Petrov

That's effectively 5 in & 5 out if you include the loss of Petrov. Then by all accounts Makoun is finally off too which would make 6 outs.

I am very happy with the new players & they do look decent, however the concern has to be that when compared to the players who have departed they are effectively rookies in the Premiership. So really we have lost some of our most seasoned campaigners, especially with Heskey, Collins, Petrov & Cuellar only to have replaced them with unknown quantities who will surely need time to adjust etc?

Does anyone else think this is rather risky?

Add to that the loss of Gabby & Dunne & it's pretty scary stuff. The only really experienced players we have left are Bent, Warnock, Given, Nzogbia & Ireland.. All bar Bent & SI players who have hardly set the World on fire lately.

Then we have the young players who are still learning their craft in Clark, Bannan, Delph, Guzan, Herd, Lichaj, Baker, etc etc & the new signings who are basically untried.

The first 6 games are crucial so far as i'm concerned as we are severely lacking experience.

I see an interesting season ahead but with a few hidings along the way.. Another couple of signings are crucial in my opinion & our season hinges on how well & how quickly the new signings adapt as well as how well the youngsters progress..

I dont think the sqaud has improved at all this summer. There are about 14 of the first team squad that simply are not good enough for the premier league and that number is way too high. having no defence and a dodgy midfield means we are always going to struggle

Which 14 aren't good enough to play in this league? There's a lot of youth and they're not all world beaters in the squad but properly managed they can be effective. They're more talented than the squad Lambert got half way up the table last season for instance.

Yes, we're still light in some areas (which we'll address to some degree before the window closes I'm sure) but 14 players not good enough? Rubbish.

There are about 14 of the first team squad that simply are not good enough for the premier league and that number is way too high. having no defence and a dodgy midfield means we are always going to struggle

I'm sure a lot of people said the same thing about the Norwich players when they came up.