General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Dont hang me for this but how about Chamakh? IIRC he was rather effective when he arrived (and played). Kind of a targetman, isnt that what we are looking for?

....is this one of those tumbleweed moments that occur from time to time?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ10, has Ellis recently been quoted on his hatred for foreigners wearing fancy jumpers and becoming cult figures because of it?

It's the only explanation I can think of, as to why you won't shut up about him!

:winkold:

:lol:

He'd go up in my estimations if he did.

For the record I'm not a doug fan. I don't wish he was here and I'm not trying to defend anything that he did. I wanted him gone because we had no ambition to be anything but a nothing team, we didn't have the financial power to compete and I wanted better for the club.

And at the moment I see the same in Lerner. I don't see any ambition above being a nothing premiership club, and even though he's a billionnaire and has just cashed in another $1bn it seems we have the financial muscle that can't match the ex scum words removed at west ham or even our only local rival in the league west brom.

I just think there's a lot of hypocrisy towards what was completely unacceptable while doug was in charge and what we should be perfectly happy with when it's Lerner making the decisions.

oh no - the ellis debate again.......... there will never be a winner............

for me ellis wasnt the devil incarnate - our spending was in the top 5 in premiership history until recent times......... I dont think under lerner weve shown any more ambition for players than we did under Ellis - its just the players we have gone for have cost us 4 times as much........

Level for Level we made more groundbreaking and ambitious signings under doug than we have under Lerner......... EG: Townsend at the time was a coup, Saunders was a coup, Baros was a coup, Nilis was a coup, JPA was a coup.........

Ellis wasnt all that bad - Lerner isnt all that bad - it is what it is....... weve not got the money the big clubs have and its about time someone reigned in the spending....... it seems the modern day fan would rather sign a new player than win a game !! The bragging rights dont seem to be whos beat who, its whos spent the most these days.........

its wank

these days i ignore all the bollocks, i go to the game, if we win great, if we dont - oh well.........

Hes a better player than the fonz,weimann and gabby ^

I can't say i've noticed, even though he's been playing in a top 4 side surrounded by quality he's failed to shine

None of us have because he doesnt get much of a chance. They did well to get him on a free transfer. He did well for bordeaux and puts himself about aswell as a good work ethic. But unfortunately for him... he's never arsenal standard. An alright player.

chamakh has great technique, needs someone to sort his head out for him though i think. how old is he anyway? i wouldn't write him off just yet. if we coudl get him he'd be great for us and fit right in with the presumed narrow PL style...

Do not agree on Gabby. Looking at strike for Bordeaux and Villa, respectively, Gabby bangs one in every .248 matches, while Chamakh scored on an average of every .247 matches, making Gabby just slightly better. Even more so if you consider the PL a superior league to Ligue 1. But that is irrelevant, Chamakh is shite and we will not sign him.

Everton are offering trials to Mirallas and Niang

Why are we not offering trials for these kind of players lets see what they can do at least we dont have to sign them just see what they are like will cost 6 mill each apparently Mirallas was linked with Arsenal and Niang was linked with spurs

Do not agree on Gabby. Looking at strike for Bordeaux and Villa, respectively, Gabby bangs one in every .248 matches, while Chamakh scored on an average of every .247 matches, making Gabby just slightly better. Even more so if you consider the PL a superior league to Ligue 1. But that is irrelevant, Chamakh is shite and we will not sign him.

since when did gabby average 4 goals a game?

since when did gabby average 4 goals a game?

What?!?!

Everton are offering trials to Mirallas and Niang

Why are we not offering trials for these kind of players lets see what they can do at least we dont have to sign them just see what they are like will cost 6 mill each apparently Mirallas was linked with Arsenal and Niang was linked with spurs

because they have 15 million to spend and we dont..