General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I havent heard anyone say bring back Doug

But even the biggest optimist would have trouble convincing me that we've gone forward on the pitch at all under Randy. Mainly because we clearly haven't

We have off it, in terms of revenue, but you'd be hard pressed to fail on that side of things considering how much the TV income has gone up by

Have to agree, on the pitch, where it matters we haven't progressed as a club after being sold. Which considering how much hatred there was for doug makes it so strange that so many are happy to just accept what ever Lerner serves up.

Doug's last summer transfer window, where he was hated by villa fans, where the majority were desperate for him to leave, where once again he was criticised for his lack of ambition, our net spend on transfer fees for players was around £7.5 million.

Our current net spend for this window is around £5.7 million.

Are we talking the previous summer when D'OL was in charge or just before Randy officially took over? If that 7.5 million was for Petrov then Randy Underwrote that deal - MON wanted Petrov and the deal to take over was not fully finalised - Unless D'OL bought a £7.5 Million signing just before being "sacked". The bit about Petrov we (some of us VFC'ers who had contact with Keith Harris and David Bick) were told by the people consulting Randy regards takeover.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many managers don't get 100% of player sales to re invest. Randy has given about around 90% of in total in the past 4 seasons, you can't expect him to give all of it to the managers and pay for a lot of the wages from his own back pocket especially when the business is not running at a profit.

There was a time if you sold a player for 10m and bought a cheap replacement for 3m, as a supporter you would assume we've still got 7m let to spend

Apparently now that's not the case due to some almost criminal mishandling of the clubs accounts it seems

Randy's net spend on transfers over the last 3 summers is incredibly low. Which has resulted in some incredibly awful seasons.

I havent heard anyone say bring back Doug

But even the biggest optimist would have trouble convincing me that we've gone forward on the pitch at all under Randy. Mainly because we clearly haven't

We have off it, in terms of revenue, but you'd be hard pressed to fail on that side of things considering how much the TV income has gone up by

Have to agree, on the pitch, where it matters we haven't progressed as a club after being sold. Which considering how much hatred there was for doug makes it so strange that so many are happy to just accept what ever Lerner serves up.

Doug's last summer transfer window, where he was hated by villa fans, where the majority were desperate for him to leave, where once again he was criticised for his lack of ambition, our net spend on transfer fees for players was around £7.5 million.

Our current net spend for this window is around £5.7 million.

Are we talking the previous summer when D'OL was in charge or just before Randy officially took over? If that 7.5 million was for Petrov then Randy Underwrote that deal - MON wanted Petrov and the deal to take over was not fully finalised - Unless D'OL bought a £7.5 Million signing just before being "sacked". The bit about Petrov we (some of us VFC'ers who had contact with Keith Harris and David Bick) were told by the people consulting Randy regards takeover.

No i'm on about his last full summer transfer window as an owner.

It was never looked at like that under Doug

Douganomics I think it was referred to, while calling him piss pants and wanting him desperately to sell up. Oh and that's over a period of time when our net spend was positive, unlike the last few years under Lerner.

If you insist on bring Doug up every thread, i'll insist on asking the same question.

Why dont you expect us to be winning for the european cup like in 82?

Football changes, when Doug was around is was completely different and is a little pathetic and desperate attempt as a stick to beat Lerner with.

Because I'm talking about the investment provided and the ambition shown and how it wasn't acceptable under Doug but is more than acceptable under Lerner.

Hasn't Lerner put in something close to 200 million though?

Maybe thats why he gets cut more slack than Doug?

There are plenty of criticisms; naivety being a prime example, but lack of investment isnt one.

Going on what that tweet, that is apparently from Paul Faulkener said, why would they choose to issue that statement now? You have to look at the timing of these things. Surely it's just trying to get supporters used to the idea that there isn't going to be much activity.

Also, I'm definitely not anti-Lerner, certainly not as a person but the squad really does need major investment and the statements issued over the summer seemed to indicate that they realised this.

Why not get the squad to a level it needs to be at and then try and run the club on an in/out basis, doing it from our current position is just going to mean we remain a lower-mid table side for some time to come.

Anyway, there are a few weeks of the window to go so much can change, I just can't see the point in releasing that comment unless it's gently get the fans used to the idea of what's to come.

Can we just shut the **** up about Doug Ellis.

indeed. I come on this thread hoping to read some bullshit ITK crap from twitter and instead find 50 pages odd of debates about MON, Doug and finances. Keep it to the respective threads please.

On a transfer note i reckon a lb and striker will come in before the end of the window but am not expecting a 'marquee' signing due to the PF/Incognito twitter comments.

BJ10, has Ellis recently been quoted on his hatred for foreigners wearing fancy jumpers and becoming cult figures because of it?

It's the only explanation I can think of, as to why you won't shut up about him!

:winkold:

So who arnt we going to sign today?

Are people genuinely pissed off with the fact that we are not going to sign any players for the remainder of the window? If so, why?

I think thats unlikely, It's more likely that we probably won't sign anyone before the first game.

Dont hang me for this but how about Chamakh? IIRC he was rather effective when he arrived (and played). Kind of a targetman, isnt that what we are looking for?

I'm tying the noose........