General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Our net spend from today to MON's last season is £9,300,000, would be more had the fee for Hutton and Stevens been disclosed.

Where did you get your figures from?

Just checked again on soccerbase and can't see that from the summer MoN left to now.

Soccerbase, however I'll double check again now.

EDIT - Realised I was calculating net profit of transfers, my bad.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have my maths all wrong so I'll apologise in advance if I'm wrong.

But having a look on soccerbase.

Over Doug's last 3 years at the club our net spend on players was around £22 million

Our last 3 summers under Lerner our net spend on players is around -£13 million.

Just wondering when this serious lack of investment in the squad becomes an issue?

Very interesting if accurate.

I believe it is.

Also Dougs last 3 years - 6th, 10th, 16th

Lerner - 6th, 9th, 16th

Not really that interesting when you remember that we only had one manager in Doug's last three years whereas there has been a different manager each season in Randy's most recent three years.

And who exactly is to blame for our frequent change in manager?

The club has massive debts and is worse than when Randy took over, he's essentially piss £100 million up a wall.

out of curiousity, where does this number come from?

The team and the accounts.

kewl, is there anywhere us mere mortals can have a look at the accounts? or is it something youve added up your self? not trying to disprove youre figures just geniunily interested hehe..

Over Doug's last 3 years at the club our net spend on players was around £22 million

Our last 3 summers under Lerner our net spend on players is around -£13 million.

Just wondering when this serious lack of investment in the squad becomes an issue?

I believe it is.

Lerner - 6th, 9th, 16th

Not really that interesting when you remember that we only had one manager in Doug's last three years whereas there has been a different manager each season in Randy's most recent three years.

Lots of people. MON is to blame for having to change manager in 2010, nobody is really to blame for having to change manager in 2011 (can't blame anyone for Houllier's health problems) and Randy's to blame for having to change manager this year.

I believe it is.

Lerner - 6th, 9th, 16th

well we had a manager with no balls as he walked(this day 2 years ago) and another had heart problems. so the guy that walked id say is to blame for these chain of events

Well I think the compensation paid to MON shows Lerner has to take some blame.

Also when you hire a manager who has had serious health issues in the past you can hardly be blameless if that manager has to leave because of severe health issues. Oh and especially when that manager still manages to screw the club out of money.

And the Mcleish hiring and firing is 100% on him and one of the worst decisions an owner of any premiership club has ever made.

Anyway the blame for this is a bit OT to the point about net spend.

I think it's fair to say that when we appointed Houllier the majority would have thought 'this wont last'

The man had suffered a major heart problem and is getting on. To think he'd be ok to fulfill a full time role at a Premiership club with all the stresses and strains that entails was frankly ridiculous. Only beaten by then appointing McLeish in the 'Randy's lost his marbles' stakes

The blame lies firmly at his feet. And lets not even begin on why we had to pay O'Neill off if he 'resigned'

Also when you hire a manager who has had serious health issues in the past you can hardly be blameless if that manager has to leave because of severe health issues. Oh and especially when that manager still manages to screw the club out of money.

And the Mcleish hiring and firing is 100% on him and one of the worst decisions an owner of any premiership club has ever made.

They reached a settlement actually.

So did we or did we not pay MoN compensation?

And so if they reached a settlement do you agree then that Lerner should take some of the blame?

And so if they reached a settlement do you agree then that Lerner should take some of the blame?

It doesn't prove anything other than they both didn't want to take it any further. I don't really know much about legal matters though so somebody else might be better at answering this.

It doesn't prove anything other than they both didn't want to take it any further. I don't really know much about legal matters though so somebody else might be better at answering this.

I'm sure no one cares anymore.

Like I said its not really relevant to the point I was making about net spend over recent summers.

I'm sure no one cares anymore.

Like I said its not really relevant to the point I was making about net spend over recent summers.

I thought you cared?

I don't think I've ever known anyone on here who always has to have the last post in a debate more than you.

I don't care about arguing with you over who is more to blame about MoN leaving. It's a discussion that has taken place more than enough on this forum and has nothing to do with this thread, this summer, our spending and the comparison I made with our net spend.

This will be my last post on this so you can respond, have the last post on the matter and sleep happy.

I don't think I've ever known anyone on here who always has to have the last post in a debate more than you.

I don't care about arguing with you over who is more to blame about MoN leaving. It's a discussion that has taken place more than enough on this forum and has nothing to do with this thread, this summer, our spending and the comparison I made with our net spend.

This will be my last post on this so you can respond, have the last post on the matter and sleep happy.

What? I don't care about the last word, I was just asking you a question. :?

Oh, and you do realise that you're normally the one who brings up the whole compensation thing in the first place right? That's why I thought you cared.

Bring back Doug. Some people have short memories or are simply **** stupid. Maybe it's fishing. Idiot.

I don't think anyone's said bring back Doug. Infact most people are comparing the last 3 years and Dougs last 3 years. Even Doig knew when to throw in the towel.

Bring back Doug. Some people have short memories or are simply **** stupid. Maybe it's fishing. Idiot.

I don't think anyone's said bring back Doug. Infact most people are comparing the last 3 years and Dougs last 3 years. Even Doig knew when to throw in the towel.

Do you think Randy should throw in the towel?

Maybe Randy should sell up, to Morgan, kenwright , the venkys or maybe even good old Carson from Hong Kong because it's all so easy pump millions into a club isn't it?

Maybe you should look at the accounts and see how much our chairman has put it before talking nonsense.

Do you think Randy should throw in the towel?

I think he has in some respects.

Should he sell up is another question...if someone more sports savvy looking to invest in the right way then fair enough. Remember Randy has a shocking record with the Browns. I don't think his business brain works with sport. Some of his decisions in the last few years have been shocking, truly shocking. I don't think I will ever truly have total confidence in him again.