Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Not the most talented of players but boy does he put in a shift. Fans have been harsh on him this season but he winning them over well. He also try's to make those runs forward to stretch defences which creates space.

I think earlier in the season he would get tired due to the way he plays but he finishing games now though which is good to see. Also thank god he got up after that sickening challenge from Ramirez. Scum!

Read a stat on twitter this morning that said KEA has made more tackles in the opposition half than any other player in the league.

That's pretty impressive.

That doesn't suprise me John, he really does press well. I think he became a bit of a scapegoat with the fans when in reality the whole team were playing shit mid way through season.To win fans back over is testament to a players character. Fair play to him, hope he keeps it up.

The problem is we have West Ham at home just 5 weeks ago. I know everyone was rubbish that day but KEA was probably our worst player and I think he was cheered off when subbed.

Those are the sorts of games were his and our midfield limitations are laid bare.

But generally he has played well against the better teams this season so I have no issue with keeping him in the squad for next season and starting him in those games as he's our best central midfielder for pressing the ball.

He puts in a shift but that should be the minimum requirement for a player. Hopefully we will sign a couple of midfielders in the summer and I think it'll his position that's first to go. We just need that extra bit of composure and class.

• Like 1

I was dissapointed when he had the shot in the first half instead of passing it to Bacuna. He's a good hard working functional player but its the one position in midfield we can improve on if we are to progress. Still have him in the squad though!

Read a stat on twitter this morning that said KEA has made more tackles in the opposition half than any other player in the league.

Bloody hell - The Triffids have landed - some one find the real BJ please !! :D

Its clear that our midfield has acquitted themselves well against the top teams, who take responsibility to attack us, we counter very well, but we must learn to take responsibility against the lower teams who elect to park the bus...particularly at home.

we need to demonstrate that, like we did against Norwich, much more.

Edited by TRO

Bloody hell - The Triffids have landed - some one find the real BJ please !! :D

Funny what a win does isn't it? ;-)

Don't worry normality will resume when we lose to stoke next week

Â