Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Read a stat on twitter this morning that said KEA has made more tackles in the opposition half than any other player in the league.

That's pretty impressive.

Bloody hell - The Triffids have landed - some one find the real BJ please !! :D

Funny what a win does isn't it? ;-)

Don't worry normality will resume when we lose to stoke next week

Good shout, unfortunately

Read a stat on twitter this morning that said KEA has made more tackles in the opposition half than any other player in the league.

I cant see that he had much to do with yesterdays implosion.

Not sure why he gets so much hate, he has been decent recently.

No one has really stepped up to the plate to take his mantle yet!

Not the fault of KEA, he puts effort in and doesn't give up. Quite a few on the pitch who do.

Not sure why he gets so much hate, he has been decent recently.

No one has really stepped up to the plate to take his mantle yet!

Not the fault of KEA, he puts effort in and doesn't give up. Quite a few on the pitch who do.

Im talking about his scapegoat mantle.

I cant see that he had much to do with yesterdays implosion.

I was referring to bannedfromH&V's abilities with the crystal ball

simple fact of the matter, in my humble opinion, is we are better with him on the pitch than sylla in the same position.... him coming off on sunday showed me clearly how much we miss him, even if there is very little that he does which is hollywood....

have been critical at certain stages in the past, but think he has been a nailed on starter for me over the last few months, bearing in mind the alternatives we have available to us...

• Like 2

simple fact of the matter, in my humble opinion, is we are better with him on the pitch than sylla in the same position.... him coming off on sunday showed me clearly how much we miss him, even if there is very little that he does which is hollywood....

have been critical at certain stages in the past, but think he has been a nailed on starter for me over the last few months, bearing in mind the alternatives we have available to us...

Totally, Sylla was actually tidy with the ball even though he didn't offer anything going forward, and he got himself about a bit. The difference though for me is that KEA is pro-active and Sylla is re-active, KEA gets further up the pitch to press and breaks things up before they start. Sylla is reacting much closer to the defence to situation that's already getting dangerous.

Once KEA went off we weren't pressing as high up the pitch anymore, so we were winning it back deeper and in areas it was harder to launch a quick counter from.

simple fact of the matter, in my humble opinion, is we are better with him on the pitch than sylla in the same position.... him coming off on sunday showed me clearly how much we miss him, even if there is very little that he does which is hollywood....

Totally, Sylla was actually tidy with the ball even though he didn't offer anything going forward, and he got himself about a bit. The difference though for me is that KEA is pro-active and Sylla is re-active, KEA gets further up the pitch to press and breaks things up before they start. Sylla is reacting much closer to the defence to situation that's already getting dangerous.

Once KEA went off we weren't pressing as high up the pitch anymore, so we were winning it back deeper and in areas it was harder to launch a quick counter from.

Sylla was tidy?....... Ok then

Tidy in the fact he didn't give the ball away, he offered nothing going forwards as I said, I don't htink you can single out Sylla in particular for what was a GROUP failure agaist Stoke. I was making the point that KEA going off was a big blow, implication being Sylla is not as good in that role as KEA is.

I hope his injury won't be too big of a problem on saturday. We need to play like we did against Liverpool in the first half, and Karim was crucial for that performance. Will Lambert put Sylla on? Please get well soon El Ahmadi!

who else could perform that role other than Karim? Would it be suicidal to play Albrighton on the wing and get Andi to run like a headless chicken (Karim role) and simply press the opposition?

who else could perform that role other than Karim? Would it be suicidal to play Albrighton on the wing and get Andi to run like a headless chicken (Karim role) and simply press the opposition?

Karim seems to read play a bit better though and makes some good tackles/interceptions.

I guess the only player that makes sense would by Sylla, he did it last season, I'm not sure whether he is up to the pace this season though.

Personally I would go with Bacuna in the middle and Lowton in at right back, can't see it happening though.

Edited by samjp26

Karim seems to read play a bit better though and makes some good tackles/interceptions.

I guess the only player that makes sense would by Sylla, he did it last season, I'm not sure whether he is up to the pace this season though.

I know he reads the play well, it was a figure of speech  :) Maybe just play Lowton at RB and Bacuna in the middle then?

Â