Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He apparently has a number of properties. If so, he has been well advised and will have a very comfortable life.

Until he finds he's paid no tax on them or the deeds were arranged wrong and his "adviser" really owns them or they are all in dodgy developments which collapse or he pisses away all his other money and has to sell them one by one never learning. 

If you are used to spending big and extravagantly you can lose very large sums very quickly. 

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

As soon as MON got him to bulk up to add the whole 'hold up the ball' bit to his game he's not been the same. Ruined him.

This was the crux of it. 

He was a speed merchant who had a goal or two in him. He was never going to be anything more.  If he had been left at that he would have been a much better player. 

As soon as he bulked up he lost a bit of speed, didn't have the attributes to be a hold up man, didn't have enough skill to fall back on and the injuries started because he was carrying far too much muscle weight. 

O'Neil truly was a genius. He didn't get what he got from the new unimproved Gabby so had to buy Marlon Harewood. 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Strange this - and one of the few things I really blamed Lambert for.

still a good manager in there somewhere although i’m not sure he will ever recover from his horrendous experience with us.

Well, the Wolves hierarchy seemingly do not agree.;)

15 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

As soon as MON got him to bulk up to add the whole 'hold up the ball' bit to his game he's not been the same. Ruined him.

Was this actually MON's doing? I always got the impression Gabby hero-worshipped John Carew and was trying to, well, be more like John Carew.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He apparently has a number of properties. If so, he has been well advised and will have a very comfortable life.

He does indeed have a number of properties. I work in the finance industry, and have visited a number of estate agents around Sutton Coldfield and Walmsley, and he is often in there sweeping up BTL properties. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, the Wolves hierarchy seemingly do not agree.;)

We’ll you can not argue with this fact - it appears to me that Wolves have one of the best managers around right now - I would swap him for Bruce in the blink of an eye tbh 

23 minutes ago, Dave J said:

We’ll you can not argue with this fact - it appears to me that Wolves have one of the best managers around right now - I would swap him for Bruce in the blink of an eye tbh 

I know this debate has been done to death but it's an unfair comparison. Nuno is in a different league of managers. There is not a chance in hell he would be managing in the Championship were it not for the Mendez connection. 

As for Gabby. He will return and help us to promotion and be able to leave the club with his head held high. Watch this space. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know this debate has been done to death but it's an unfair comparison. Nuno is in a different league of managers. There is not a chance in hell he would be managing in the Championship were it not for the Mendez connection. 

As for Gabby. He will return and help us to promotion and be able to leave the club with his head held high. Watch this space. 

In my honest view - there is not a chance of Gabby doing this- he is not good enough imo 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 07:46, Dave J said:

He does seem very good, however has not been at previous clubs for long....that aside, he has managed to secure some very talented players who appear comfortable on the ball and with the art of pass and move, so i guess his ideas are easier to implement.

He has owners willing to support and in jorge mendes a scout who is well connected.

its usually a combination of factors and at present they look like they have cracked it.

back on topic.....can't see Gabby being nicked off us any time soon and going there.

Edited by TRO

23 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

In this world nothing can be certain, except death, taxes and Dave J posting in the Agbonlahor thread to state he does not like him.

What on earth would bring you to such a conclusion ?

Interesting comments from Bruce today about gabby playing for a new contract. I am sure this us a motivating tool to help he score some goals. Surely Bruce us t stupid enough to offer him a new deal with his past history, lack of goals and injury record?

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting comments from Bruce today about gabby playing for a new contract. I am sure this us a motivating tool to help he score some goals. Surely Bruce isn't stupid enough to offer him a new deal with his past history, lack of goals and injury record?

You will find if the guy is daft enough to bring him back from the wilderness to the first team then you can bet your neighbours dog he will offer him a new extension!     :bang:

• Like 1

He showed last season in his appearances off the bench and the odd start that he made that at this level he can still make a positive impact. Given the lack of options we have up top and the amount of games we have coming up I hope he can again make a positive contribution.

Beyond this season though he is done here. Bruce is just being diplomatic in answering a question regarding a new contract. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Put it this way, I’d rather have Gabby coming off the bench as an option as opposed to someone like Bjarnason or chucking Samba up front. 

Not a glowing endorsement, but he has some use. 

But it does not have to be those 2. Why not O'Hare or McKirdy?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting comments from Bruce today about gabby playing for a new contract. I am sure this us a motivating tool to help he score some goals. Surely Bruce us t stupid enough to offer him a new deal with his past history, lack of goals and injury record?

Please God, no.

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He showed last season in his appearances off the bench and the odd start that he made that at this level he can still make a positive impact. Given the lack of options we have up top and the amount of games we have coming up I hope he can again make a positive contribution.

Beyond this season though he is done here. Bruce is just being diplomatic in answering a question regarding a new contract. 

I am hoping Agbonlahor and Bruce will both be gone at the end of this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â