Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Something like a cup final winning goal will get him in the legends box not anything he does in the league from now on.

probably no stats from start of time but he probably near the top of derby goals for the club

The epitome of a form player - lets hope this patch continues for as long as possible.

I think for him to hit form however, you need the manager to embrace the "local lad from Erdington, Villa's Number 1 fan" factor. As I said previously, Sherwood has pounced on this and the brolove seems to be working.

he has had a lot of wasted games on the wings or his goal tally would be  upto and around the 100 mark meening 1in3 and that wouldn`t be bad tbh, would like to see his goal ratio playing has a striker v his goal ratio playing has a winger

just had a quick look without going into too much detail, In his first 4 years he scored 47 goals in 147, this is the time with Carew playing in a partnership

since then he has played 153 and scored 30  mostly on the wing for lambert

Edited by walesavfc

No intention of changing my opinion on him, still a shockingly average professional footballer in my humble view. Having been raised on the likes of Little, Gray, Deehan, Shaw, Saunders, Yorke, he pales into insignificance to be honest. Despite this still he is still in the one swallow doesn't make a summer category, and does not make up for the dross that has gone before. This said however I am a villan and i am delighted by the fact he has scored along with Benteke and the new wave of optimism sweeping over us now.

If you've no intention of every changing your opinion then you're wasting your breath posting. We got you the first time.
  • Like 1

Always been a massive critic of gabby, but he's doing brilliantly these last few weeks

Pretty much my own thoughts.
And mine, ive give him some right stick on here lately and all of it warranted IMO, but the change in the last 2 weeks, he is playing as well as he was 4/5 years ago.

Back to goal, making runs off benteke and also picking up the ball and running at defenders and taking them on. Long may it continue.

Edited by Jimzk5

"One swallow doesn't make a summer"

Dave has said that three times recently.

How many swallow do make a summer?

Its not even correct. The correct phrase is "One swallow does not a summer make"  - Aristotle 

Please!

Its not even correct. The correct phrase is "One swallow does not a summer make"  - Aristotle 

Please!

Sorry!  :)

74 goals is 42nd position in the Premier League top goalscorers.  not bad, but not great for the number of years he's played.

Either way, he's been fantastic in the past 2 games  :)

He annoys me at times but then I remember all the goals against SHA and WBA and he makes me happy again. Especially the winner against SHA

Please!

You're not talking about the phrase,  you're talking about a translation and the word order here doesn't matter as the meaning is the same. Ridiculous pedantry all round (me included, I realise). 

• Like 1

The epitome of a form player - lets hope this patch continues for as long as possible.

I think for him to hit form however, you need the manager to embrace the "local lad from Erdington, Villa's Number 1 fan" factor. As I said previously, Sherwood has pounced on this and the brolove seems to be working.

You also need the manager to embrace the "play a striker up front" factor.

• Like 2

I'd love him to get to 100 league goals for us, I think he deserves that.

I've always been a fan of his it must be said, but for the last couple of years, you could always throw the "not giving 100%" stick at him.

Was never ever, going to be an efficient winger, regardless of his pace, stick him up front and he'll get you ~10 league goals a season and a couple of assists.  He just doesn't have the technical attributes to be a winger, you must use his pace in the most simple fashion, to get in on goal.

Fair play a couple of good games. I want to see him do well so badly. I enjoy seeing him score more than Benteke because he is one of us. He's been a good servant to the club no doubt, but he needs to continue scoring to make up for the last 3 or four years.

Â