Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Deffo Tayls, plus Gary Shaw - and indeed the whole 81-82 team. I've met and had a pint with a few of them on match days, but I remember Des Bremner sadly reflecting that he was quite sure it would never happen with today's players.

The fact that Sherwood has said that Gabby and Benteke are the best strikeforce outside the top 6 probably means he will start with 2 up front in every game and it will be those 2 players.

In games where we need to be tighter, he will probably play an extra centre midfielder and lose one of the wide players, and push Cleverly slightly left/right.

Either way, Gabby is a definite starter at the moment, and he merits it based on the last few games.

because he is one of us.

He isn't. No professional footballer can ever be 'one of us'.

He was a fan before joining and he will still be after so I think he is mate.

No, he wasn't.

What's the point in being vague? If you want to make a point actually explain it, simply disagreeing with someone adds nothing to the debate.

• Like 1

because he is one of us.

Why? That is very elitist.

How can they possibly relate to the every day person. It wasn't meant to be elitist in the slightest. Probably the opposite :D

I suppose I should clarify I mean modern day footballers with their wads of cash.

Edited by StefanAVFC

because he is one of us.

How can they possibly relate to the every day person. It wasn't meant to be elitist in the slightest. Probably the opposite :D

I suppose I should clarify I mean modern day footballers with their wads of cash.

So whether or not a fan can be classed as one of us depends on how much they earn?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

because he is one of us.

No, he wasn't.

What's the point in being vague? If you want to make a point actually explain it, simply disagreeing with someone adds nothing to the debate.

He never supported VIlla, he never had a love for this club growing up. He supported Arsenal if anything, but I never felt he was ever passionate about any side, personally.

No, he wasn't.

He never supported VIlla, he never had a love for this club growing up. He supported Arsenal if anything, but I never felt he was ever passionate about any side, personally.

How do you know?

because he is one of us.

So whether or not a fan can be classed as one of us depends on how much they earn?

eh?

I was just talking generally in the term 'one of us'. Not necessarily being a Villa fan.

It's like a politician telling us we're all in this together when picking up their crazy salary and expenses. I wasn't very clear in my OP.

Edited by StefanAVFC

because he is one of us.

No, he wasn't.

Gabby was an arsenal fan when he was younger

eh?

I was just talking generally in the term 'one of us'. Not necessarily being a Villa fan.

It's like a politician telling us we're all in this together when picking up their crazy salary and expenses. I wasn't very clear in my OP.

Fair enough, but generally when people say "one of us" in relation to football players they're talking about being a fan.

Who cares if Gabby like Arsenal when he was right years old. He's been at the Villa since then and I believe that he is NOW one of us.

Technically he won't go down as a one-club man though because he's been loaned out before. Clark on the other hand...

because he is one of us.

Gabby was an Arsenal fan growing up not a Villa fan!! he has said this in interviews before.

Â