Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Yeah because he has a divine right to the contract he has right now...

If that is the case then he should be shown the door, it's as simple as that.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that but he does need a kick up the arse, IF it's the case. 

Some ridiculous conjecture in these last couple of pages.

He's out of form, simple as that. That people are looking for reasons other than the obvious to chastise him proves to me that he is highly rated amongst the majority. More is expected of him, absolutely, but we shouldn't need to invent reasons why he's not delivering right now.

• Like 2

Some ridiculous conjecture in these last couple of pages.

He's out of form, simple as that. That people are looking for reasons other than the obvious to chastise him proves to me that he is highly rated amongst the majority. More is expected of him, absolutely, but we shouldn't need to invent reasons why he's not delivering right now.

Just to clarify, I felt like I did stipulate that I was being purely speculative with the language I used. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

When you fail to deliver for the vast majority of the season you deserve to be chastised. 

No denying that - he's getting paid a lot of money and the fans have given him a massive amount of support and time... he needs to knuckle down. 

The sooner he stops using Gabby as a winger, the better, "Gabby is a Striker"

Like yesterday?

The sooner he stops using Gabby as a winger, the better, "Gabby is a Striker"

I dunno, he's played as a striker through the middle a fair few times and he can't seem to put the ball in the net

Just by looking at him, you could see he wanted to drift wide, not how his talents(Yes he has some) should be utilized, not just yesterday but for the majority of this season, as opposed to his whole Villa career, he's not running through the middle causing problems to CB that he previously was, same as Weimann to a certain extent, that art of terrorising the CB seems to have been coached out of them. 

I'd say it's a bit more terminal than needing to 'knuck down', he needs to go.

Bold statement, definitely a case for it. There's a lot of sentimentality with Gabby for obvious reasons - if there wasn't, he may well have been shipped out by now. 

I'd say it's a bit more terminal than needing to 'knuck down', he needs to go.

Bold statement, definitely a case for it. There's a lot of sentimentality with Gabby for obvious reasons - if there wasn't, he may well have been shipped out by now. 

It's irrational sentimentality, the sort of which that gets you no where. He consistently fails to deliver, even at his best he performs in patches over the course of a season. He's not performing and he has very limited ability, he's primed to be replaced, especially since for all his obvious weaknesses he is mysteriously one of our top earners. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Him leaving will be the start of us getting back up the table

So it's all been Gabby's fault all along!! Now you tell us ;)
No it hasn't, but happy clappers like you haven't helped, regaling us with tales of his perennial half decent performance every year at Arsenal. Like most Villa fans with a modicum of sense, I am sick of hearing how this guy is 'one of us', like its a free pass-out to be a lazy b'stard every week. He is not good enough for our club - actually words fail me as to how he ever got a professional contract.

I hear reports of an improved contract being offered to this parody of a player ? Shame on anyone who thinks he deserves it.....you're as much of a disgrace as him...

What the hell was that? It was a joke dude, take it easy.

Gabby has been crap this season but taking him out the team wouldn't help because the alternatives are even worse!

I went yesterday and at the end of the game only 4 players bothered to come over and applaud the Villa Fans who was singing all game. Was around 3500 of us!!

Those 4 was Albrighton (Who started it first) Delph, Vlaar and Lowton

Mr Aston Villa was nowhere to be seen, Some deluded fans claim ''He loves the Villa, don't you know?'' even though he grew up an Arsenal fan living in Erdington

All Gabby cares about is his pay packet (£65k a week he is on), the reason he has never moved is because no one has ever bid for him (The Arsenal rumours was just paper talk)

He has never been really that good

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

It's not a ridiculous suggestion. The modern wing-back is becoming more like Gabby.

Walker at Tottenham.

If he plays left-back he can cut inside onto his right foot.

Gabby's also got a half-decent cross as he showed against Liverpool and Rotherham. 

If we can't play him there then I agree we should sell him to a team that could use a good counter-attacking player to warm the bench. We won't have trouble selling him if the price is right. His wage isn't massive for the big clubs. Tom Cleverley is now getting about the same at Man Utd.

Â