Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Just noticed in the gossip columns that Norwich are hoping to sign Robert Snodgrass. Now, if we do get Lambert (and im warming more and more to the idea) then the first thing he can do is sign that lad up for us. Always rated him. Quality player.

Oh and bring Pilkington with him too. That would be a great start

Pilkington will suffer from 2nd season syndrome next season (along with most of the Norwich squad) and Snodgrass is average, very average.

I fear for villa whoever the manager is- we haven't got the money to sign anyone quality.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilkington will suffer from 2nd season syndrome next season

So....will Lambert not suffer that same fate? Or any of the newly promoted teams players who have looked good this season?

Nope. Doesnt work like that.

---------------Weimann---------------

Snodgrass-----------------Albrighton

--------Delph---------Gardner--------

-----------------Herd------------------

Stevens--Clark------Baker----Lichaj

---------------Siegrest----------------

Ooo-rah

Snodgrass would be a mistake, I mean look at delph.

I dont see what Delph has to do with this? Its like saying 'oh dont sign anybody from Man U, look at Djemba-Djemba'.

Doesnt make sense.

Not really because Djemba-Djemba wasn't playing in league 1 or the Championship at the time. now he may still turn out to be a great player, who knows.. But 8 Mill was a bit over the top.

Just hoping he doesn't **** up his chance next season if he manages to stay fit and gets some regular playing time.

you cant compare an entire tier of football with 1 club, different situations.

Delph was very highly rated and has shown it in patches, plus he always gets injured, plus then we have a manager like McLeish who plays him as a DM!

Completely agree. When Delph was allowed to run the midfield against Man U a couple of seasons ago - alongside Jimmy and Stan in a three - he was the quality act on the park.

--------------- DCM ----------------

------------------- Delph -----------

--------- SI -------------------------

Could work really well for us next season.

What is Martinez's highest PL finish

Genuine question

How much was is Martinez's record signing at Wigan???

less than £10million???? (the cost of Nzog)

From SoccerBase

Highest fee paid for a player £4mil for Ali Al Habsi , second highest Diame £3.6

Would also be interested to know how much players that have left have been sold for, e.g. N'Zog £10m, to see the value he has added to players.

I wouldn't mind Lambert at all, a young ambitious manager with a point to prove that he can cut it at this level with higher expectations than at Norwich. Failing that, Martinez would be a good choice in the hope he's had a change of heart since last summer.

---------------Weimann---------------

Snodgrass-----------------Albrighton

--------Delph---------Gardner--------

-----------------Herd------------------

Stevens--Clark------Baker----Lichaj

---------------Siegrest----------------

Ooo-rah

That's a fantastic reserve squad.

I really fear for the Villa at the moment. Its been months since Ive been able to stick m head into this side of the forum but after last Sunday hope is on the horizon once more. The reasons I am fearful are mainly, is there a distinct possibility that Alex McLeish could stay, I would think so. We have yet to see Lerner sack a manager, so why do we think that this one should be any different. He could easily point to how much he has taken off the wage bill and how injuries to key players played a part in our poor season and how he should be given another crack at the whip. Secondly, as great as it was for a while I believe Villa's relationship with Randy Lerner may have been eternally soured, I cant see him providing the finance to take us where we need to be. What we need is another Arsene Wenger a man who can come in and reshape the club from top to bottom without spending a fortune or an owner with a somewhat bottomless pocket. Another thing that terrifies me is the squad & the players we are targetting, it wasnt so long ago that we were getting the likes of Milner from Newcastle & Bent from Sunderland. Now we seem to be picking up what ever scraps we can and add them to what ever the academy can produce. They say its darkest before the dawn but I fear it could get a whole lot darker yet.

We're getting linked with Gus Poyet also now in the Mail. Doubt Randy would appoint anyone outside of the Premier League with no PL managing experience.

Think Poyet is a very good shout, a gamble. but why not !

Would be nice to see some decent passing football.

Lambert would be good in short term but is too much like M'oN

I'm a bit wary of havng a fans 'choice;

Thatrs how we ended up with Collymore.

Would take either at moment though.

I think the only thing concerning me about Lambert is that we need players from Europe to come in. Now I don't know all that much about Lambert's buying history, but if he's just going to be buying English players then we may as well go crawling back to O'Neill.