Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Stan should be honoured by the club with the retirement of the number 19 shirt. It's an unfashionable number but Stan's worn it with pride and made it worth something. I've enjoyed watching our number 19 giving 100% in our midfield over the last few seasons.

Stan should be honoured by the club with the retirement of the number 19 shirt. It's an unfashionable number but Stan's worn it with pride and made it worth something. I've enjoyed watching our number 19 giving 100% in our midfield over the last few seasons.

Steady on, I want him to wear that shirt again

I absolutely love Stan but I think talk of retiring his shirt is way premature. Lets just let him focus on getting well, I think.

I have spoken to Leukaemia Care and they are happy for us to collect donations on the Serpentine site (car park behind Aston Church) that many people park on; feel free to throw us your change if you use the cap park or come down and donate.......it's very close.

We are part of a Community Interest Company that is trying to save the Aston Arena (formerly Aston Villa Leisure Centre) from being closed down so have use of the site anyway.

Though we don't have official buckets Leukaemia Care have sent me their logo so we will be using that on the donation tins.

Sometimes unscrupulous sorts also 'collect' money so this is the website and logo we shall be using. The Charity number should be on it too.

http://www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/

I am so desparately sorry to hear this the worst of news. The prognosis seems as yet unknown but I hope and pray that Stilliyan can overcome this.

The guy is a genuine 'nice guy' and he and his wife always very approachable. He has made the West Midlands his second home and been happy to bring his kids up here and show loyalty to the Villa cause. He is one of us, everyone should pray for his swift and safe recovery and for the fortitide of his family and loving wife, in what will be the most difficult of times.

As one who has unavoidably been away from VP since last October due to my own battle with a very serious illness it would be totally wrong to say I know what he and his family are feeling now; but I've got an idea.

Hang in there Stan! We are all behind you. I pray you get well soon.

Shocked and so sorry mate!

Truly dreadful news for him and his family, please beat this disease Stan, the fight you have shown for Villa needs to be on show again chap.

There are more important things than football, but the sooner this season is over the better.

Can understand vb's sentiments but I'm with bicks I want to see him in that shirt again.

Can understand vb's sentiments but I'm with bicks I want to see him in that shirt again.

Agreed.

Does anybody know much about leukaemia? I know there are various types but I don't have a clue about how long he might/would have been carrying this with him or what the percentage success rate of recovery is from it.

He has not been the same all energy player that he was when he was up in Scotland - I remember him running the show against Barca some years back for Celtic - and I wondered whether this could have been something that may have been with him, and possibly hampering him, for a while (1% down at the Premier League level would show I guess).

Â